Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mob/ xtl -what exactly are they??

Hi all
    can anyone tell me the theory behind the mob tool in the aget it may seem silly but i like to undrstand what exactly i am doing when i'm applying it is it the same as taking a fib extension from 2- 3and then back down to 4? to find where the wave 5 should be or is it something diff ie a complex formula .

the same kind of question is to the xtl what exactly is used to color the bars blue or red is it to do with the volume on the bar ?

i am just asking for my own peace of mind i'm just that kind of inquisitive person i am subscribed to the aget , all i want to know is basically whats makes the xtl go blue /red

thanks for the help

Re: mob/ xtl -what exactly are they??

Originally posted by silverxx12
    Hi all
    can anyone tell me the theory behind the mob tool in the aget it may seem silly but i like to undrstand what exactly i am doing when i'm applying it is it the same as taking a fib extension from 2- 3and then back down to 4? to find where the wave 5 should be or is it something diff ie a complex formula .

the same kind of question is to the xtl what exactly is used to color the bars blue or red is it to do with the volume on the bar ?

i am just asking for my own peace of mind i'm just that kind of inquisitive person i am subscribed to the aget , all i want to know is basically whats makes the xtl go blue /red

thanks for the help
    They sound like perfectly reasonable questions to me - I wouldn't mind knowing the answers too.

Best

Natalie

Comment

Hi,

can anyone tell me the theory behind the mob tool in the aget it may seem silly but i like to undrstand what exactly i am doing when i'm applying it
      Understanding an indicator before you use it? Why that's just crazy talk ;-)

I can tell you what the AGET people tell us the MOB is based on, but it is pretty vague.

"The MOB takes the momentum, acceleration and other ratio models to define a price projection zone. The various swings are assigned separate momentum values such as Momentum 1, 2, 3, etc. Using the ratio of the various momentums, AGET calculates a price projection zone. The price projection zone should provide major resistance for the current rally."

So it sounds to be more than just fib rations, though they well be part of it also. Also note that there is a time component to a Mob, the time markers which are clearly not based on fib price levels.

If the people at AGET are willing to give more details on how this is calculated, I sure would be interested in hearing more also. I can say that over time I have found that properly used, MOB's are excellent tools for finding potential tops/bottoms (both long and short term).

Here is my "not so expert" method of applying MOB's to a chart. One is the classic - apply it to the end of wave three to find the potential for wave 5 end. However, you can also use them effectively to find a possible strong resistance level for wave 2 and wave 4 pullbacks to look to entry/re-entry. In fact, any place there is a strong pivot point (Primary or Major) it seems it can be used fairly effectively to find a strong zone of resistance.

I believe the AGET people claim it is about 70% effective, and this would seem to be true from my experience. I too am reticent to use any tool I don't understand really well, so I spent a long time playing with the MOB in playback and RT mode before trusting it. It seems to be a good way to learn.

I wish I could tell you about the xtl. They say it is based on/or similar to the Runs Test for Randomness. The idea being that you try to determine the movement of the market and if it is random, or if it is biased. In the tapes they go into detail on this, but again the exact methods used to calculate it are not divulged.

I have not had nearly as good luck with XTL as I have with the MOB, though this may be due to my lack of understanding. After wathcing the tape and reading the lessons I played with it for a few days and for me, on the issues I tried it on, it seemed a better contra indicator than anything. If the bars turned red, it seemed there was a much better than 50% chance the market would rally...similarly with green bars it seemed that very shortly the market would sell off.

I have it on my very long "to do" list to go back some day and try to put more effort into learning this...I'm not sure I gave it a fair shot. But for me, right now, xtl has no place in my trading strategy.

Hope this helps some...

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Hi,

I wish I could expand on what Garth said, but I left TTI for a few years and was not around when the MOB and XTL were introduced. I have thousands of hours invested in mastering these tools just like everyone else and find both to add a great deal to trading.

About the XTL. It was designed primarily as a tool to help guide one into the early stages of a Wave 3.
        Marc

Comment

Working...
        X