Wave Three Extending???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave Three Extending???

Is this a case of wave three extention , it does seem to be at the most equal to wave 1 .
    If not can you explain why??
    Attached Files

Without having the benefit of analyzing the chart for myself, and just commenting intuitively when looking at your chart, I would have to say, yes, I think this could be a good candidate for a wave 3 somehow extending higher.

Thanks for the chart idea... I might 'toy around' with it today.
    Marc

Comment

Hey Marcus ,

whatever 'toying around' you do with the chart i'd be grateful if you can post your ideas of what you think...

Comment

For those of you wondering what "toying around" is about... the stock we are talking about, HAS, is Hasbro, a US toy company... Will see what develops... (oh, sorry, that would be EK)

... if i can, will post a HAS to build off what you are seeing too. Take care, marc

PS - as a disclaimer, my kids own MAT
        Marc

Comment

I wanted to add a few more ideas after finding time to look at this chart.

Compress the 15 minute data bars. Observe we are in a trading range since August and now we are testing the previous high area. If we were at or near some sort of a bottom of a range the fact Wave 3 was equal to Wave 1 would be more attractive. In this pattern it still could become nothing but some sort of an A-B-C, or a continuation of a trading range pattern.

Load up the daily and compare action. This stock has been in a nice uptrend for almost a year. Since June it has topped out and is in a small range trade pattern. (That is the trading range we are defining in the 15 minute chart.) It still is holding above the previous major 2001 high, a positive.

While we may try to anticipate Wave 3 extending higher, we also need to remember the W4, W1 Overlap Rule and apply it also to this example.

We need to define risk/reward potentials if we are thinking this is a Wave 3 that could extend. Even if it extends higher it is not going to do any good unless we can define a buy entry with some sort of a good R/R ratio over 1.6.

This example is a little challenging because the risk reward on the 15 minute is really not a clear idea.

Don't get me wrong, I actually find HAS attractive. I only wanted to expand on previous comments and add a little more understanding what else to watch, monitor for, consider before taking any trade based on observations of a Wave 3 potentially extending. Does this help? Take care, chart sample is attached to illustrate. -mr
          Attached Files
          Marc

Comment

I think this is/was a Type II sell.

A look at the weekly shows a very mature w3. Dropping down to the daily chart shows a w5 high on 8/20 at 19.37 which held on 9/17 (H=19.22). The 30 min chart is counting an impulsive sequence down which would support the idea of a w4 on the weekly.

I think support will be 17.26 then 16.15. Don't be fooled if prices bounce from 18.32 - that would be a very short term swing.

Comment

Working...
            X