Backtesting of Advanced Get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtesting of Advanced Get

Below is a link to a backtesting report created by John Jonelis.

http://www.esignalcentral.com/university/get/paper.asp[/URL]

Harndog

Thank you So Much !!! this is a very useful document
    SV

Comment

Is possible have a chart or date of operations of Test 1 by Jonelis?
      So i can understand better the signal that he uses.
      For example, what mean "false bar stochastic" (oscillator pullback to OB/OS - 75/25)?. Whit a chart is all more easy.
      Thanks.

wdgigi

Comment

Originally posted by wdgigi Is possible have a chart or date of operations of Test 1 by Jonelis? So i can understand better the signal that he uses. For example, what mean "false bar stochastic" (oscillator pullback to OB/OS - 75/25)?.
        Here is a quick illustration on "False Bar Stochastics": Stochastics is a widely used tool to measure over-bought, over-sold conditions. Many times, the Stochastics generate false signals.

Advanced GET uses a unique model developed to alert the user to such potential false signals. Any time the software senses a false signal, a black bar is drawn. Trades are taken when there is no black bar. If a trade is taken with a false bar warning, it requires additional research because the risks are higher if using just a traditional Stochastics buy or sell signal.
        Attached Files
        Marc

Comment

Thanks.
          And then i take position only when there is a pullback on the Stochastic False Bar and the bar is blue? So i can entry in the swing movement. But i have seen that when the stochastick goes down in OS the bar becames black many times.
          Or must i entry when the bar becames blue after the pullback of oscillator?
          Thank for helping me.

wdgigi

Comment

Hi wdgigi,

I don't honestly know how this person did his backtesting so I cannot at this time answer all your questions; I was just offering a simple, quick illustration of the "False Bar Warning." If someone else would like to offer their opinion, feel free to jump in.
            Marc

Comment

Catch 22 Report Link

Co-worker, Andy Bushak, has started another thread so he can develop more details on the techniques talked about in this report. For more information on "Catch22" click here..
              Marc

Comment

Working...
              X