XTL has different color bars on stand alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTL has different color bars on stand alone

My XTL on stand alone, same setting of 35 has different color bars than eSignal on YHOO, 10 min. What's up w/that? While I'm at it, again the chart loading is mucho slower than stand alone. I know the stand alone uses the hard drive but can't you guys get this to speed up somehow?
    Last edited by Keith; 10-07-2003, 08:39 AM.

I suspect you are not looking at the same tool. The XTL is the same default setting in both. You may wish to double check and see if you have correctly loaded the XTL, and double check the default settings on both to see if they are set the same.
    Marc

Comment

I checked it

Marc. I checked and both have the same settings. I can't figure it out.

Comment

Hi,

OK, I'm TOTALLY clueless about the standalone version of AGET, but it seems to me one issue could be the trading hours it is set to look at.

I would make sure that your time template in eSignal is set to reflect the same hours set up in the standalone version.

If the charts still don't match, then I'm out of ideas...

Garth
        Garth

Comment

I figured it out

eSignal tracks pre market whereas stand alone does not. This is the only difference but must change it about. Can the premarket stuff be eliminated?

Comment

I only mention this because when I first started using the new product the Advanced Chart loaded up a different green and red data bar that looks similar to an XTL, and it took me a trick or two to figure it out.... Below is a visual idea.
            Attached Files
            Marc

Comment

Keith
              Set up a Time Template to reflect the same trading hours that you have in the stand alone.
              Alex

Comment

Sorry, I think I was misreading your first question... follow Alex's comment just now to get you on track better....
                (chart idea shown below)
                Attached Files
                Marc

Comment

Which timeplate is the one to use

What difference is there if I trade premarket? If it changes the XTL which one would be the one to use? With premarket or without? The preamarket info seems to make the XTL jump the gun a little. Once the premarket is over should it bias the XTL?

Comment

It is a preference issue. If you prefer to do this it is up to your judgement. Just be aware with a premarket price movement you may not have a liquid or fully participatory market. We use regular session here.
                    Marc

Comment

I can't get reg trading hours

I keep hitting the RTH east coast and nada happens. Shouldn't it be minus the pre-market stuff? Not working for me. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Can you attach a screenshot of eSignal and of Advanced Get EOD? It should help determine where the differences are. If you need help with screenshots, please check out this thread.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Screen shot YHOO 10 min

Here's the attachment of YHOO 10 min.
                          Attached Files

Comment

GET real time picture

Jay. I don't know how to send you a screen shot of the GET real time stand alone to compare w/eSignal

Comment

Screen capture ideas for Older AGET Stand alone product--
                              if your resolution or screen is setup for 800 x 400ish w/lower resolution setting such as 256 colors, hit <control> <G> for GIF file.... it comes out black image if resolution not set correctly... another idea is hit <PrintScreen> key and paste it in a paint program and then save it as an image. Crop the image if at all possible. These are a couple wasy to capture that old platforms images.
                              Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X