Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the past 16+ years I have experimented and discovered a great many 'secrets' that work while trying
    to better analyze the markets.

I doubt very much you will ever have heard of this Gann Angle tip/trick before.... not even from my dear friend,
    "Mr Gann" himself-- super dandy Andy 'Ganndy' Bushak....

Go back to the previous example of GT....

Define a good support/resistance trendline. Pin-point a specific support price to focus on using a retracment calculation.
    (In that calculation, we ignore the spike bar.)

Would you like to be able to apply a Gann angle here that will add even more usable support/resistances?

Ok, let me share with you this unorthodoxed technique quite often will work in very surprising ways...

Go to the eSignal AGET Gann Angle selection. Apply it on your chart at the beginning of your trendline.
    In this case, you have an absolutely meaningless Gann angle that shows nothing useful whatsoever.

(see below an example of this...)

Would you like to see something useful out of this? (see next post.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MR; 09-07-2004, 11:44 AM.
    Marc

Comment

• Gann Angle tip/trick, continued....

Apply the Gann Angle tool by locating it at the beginning of the trendline you find useful. Click and apply it.

Now go to the eSignal Gann Angle menu. Start experimenting with various different angle settings. Try first using the 'Optimize' selection. (Access this menu by highlighting, then right clicking on the Gann Angle already applied.)

After you make some adjustments in Gann angles settings, make sure you focus on finding 1x4 or 1x2 angles that overlap or almost overlap that key trendline. Once this happens, bet you will find those new angles very useful in the future.

Why does this happen? I really don't know. I have a theory it might happen because trendlines are nothing more than Gann Angles undiscovered. If you key in on the trendline it recreates a better scale that works well for that stock, commodity or index, or that is my guess.

Try out this idea. Play with rescaling Gann Angle settings to overlap key trendlines. Try it in training mode. By simulating this technique it becomes natural and more useful as you gain confidence in this technique.

Marc
      Attached Files
      Marc

Comment

• A couple more Gann Angle tips or tricks....

Once you have new Gann Angles you really like, why not just "cut-and-paste" these newly optimized angles to the other nearby pivots?

Doing so may very well enhance your understanding of the immediate supports and/or resistances.

(see below example)
        Attached Files
        Marc

Comment

• One last tip or trick for now....

To make these optimized Gann Angles more useful for trading, why not just toggle 'off' as many angles as possible, keeping turned 'on' just the most relevant supports/resistances for guidance. Doing this can help clean up the chart, helping make it more useful, improving the decision-making process.

(See chart below, chart with irrelevant angles turned off.)

Someday, if time permits, I will try and show you how to better determine what are relevant and irrelevant angles.

Best wishes, and hope the trades are all going your way today,

Marc
          Attached Files
          Marc

Comment

• Just an update... well.... it is almost 3PM, and the markets did hold up pretty much most of today...
            but ... now it seems 'profit-taking' is slowly filtering into today's trading. Time for me to stop, take a break,
            and go relax for a while, doing something more useful.....

Originally posted by MR- Posted: 09-07-2004 09:31 AM

It is early in the morning to predict what is going to happen today in the markets,
            but I think we will have a sustainable 'up' day. Good trading, Marc
            Marc

Comment

• This is just a quick update to my post of URBN that was illustrated on September 2nd. Seemed like a slightly delayed reaction to the volume spike on 8/31 but a nice move nonetheless.

Comment

• Again, Duane, good job with your recent posts.... they worked out well.
                Marc

Comment

• About an hour ago, I decided to review some older work posted at
                  the Advanced GET User Group (in File Share.) The very first chart I
                  saw was in the Cross-Referencing sub-folder, titled:
                  "Quick Look: Weekly and Daily EBAY Charts"

February 20, 2003, I typed the following comments about Ebay:

Below is current weekly Ebay chart. Ebay truly did have a nice uptrend
                  after this post. If it did not have a stock split a while back, you would
                  see an even stronger uptrend result.

I wanted to highlight this example, partly because I was happy to actually
                  get it right. Mostly, though, to show an example of how important
                  cross-referencing charts can be.

I cannot go back and remember exactly how earlier conclusions on Ebay
                  were formed, but am pretty sure it was because the higher time frames
                  were cross-referenced to shorter time frames to help better grasp
                  the real trading potentials at that time.

If you have never heard anything about the concept of cross-referencing,
                  please take the time to review this section in the Advanced GET User Group.
                  It should be helpful to you.

Marc

Comment

• Let's review the "Rinehart bad tick phenomena"
                    talked about in a 8-20-04 previous post.

To refresh your memory on this topic, see below a copy of
                    what was talked about then....

Marc

Comment

• I showed SBC hourly in the previous example of the Rinehart bad tick phenomena.

Here is an example of what I meant. See how SBC hourly eventually gravitated
                      into the direction of the possible bad tick. It even took that bad tick high out recently.

This phenomena doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough where you have to
                      respect somewhat the behavior.

Keep watching and learning, see if you can use this idea to help you in your trading.

Marc

Marc

Comment

• Lumber

1st. What a great thread. This my 1st post but have been a keen follower of your posts ever since subscribing to AGET in June after the London seminar.

2nd. Nov lumber seem to have been a T2Sell opportunity:
                        - Lumber is seasonally weak between endAug-endSep,
                        - displayed bearish pattern evening Doji Star, furthermore I noticed
                        - neg divergence on GET Osc and arguably in GET RSI, and
                        - many other indicators like MACD, MOM, CCI etc displayed neg divergence.

However, on daily chart AGET False Bar Stochastic shows black bar indicating possiblie range expansion in time!

Can you advise me how to interpret this signal? Is decision to ignore the black bar a matter of risk/return trade-off?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi bgold! Welcome....

I promise to respond in a little more detail as soon as time permits....
                          for now, one word explains best my feelings as it relates to lumber...
                          Ivan!
                          (see photo below)
                          Originally posted by bgold
                          .... However, on daily chart AGET False Bar Stochastic shows
                          black bar indicating possiblie range expansion in time!

Can you advise me how to interpret this signal? Is decision to
                          ignore the black bar a matter of risk/return trade-off?
                          Attached Files
                          Marc

Comment

• Marc,

I think you summed it up beautifully and succinctly.

G
                            Garth

Comment

• Thanks Garth...

I can sometimes be brief...

marc

Originally posted by gspiker
                              Marc,

I think you summed it up beautifully and succinctly.

G
                              Marc

Comment

• This is a little off topic relating to Advanced GET, but wanted to share this feature I have in FutureSource. For those that don't know, IDC bought out FutureSource recently and some of us have been looking at the software. I came across this Storm Tracker last week and was monitoring Frances with it. Ivan has pretty much decimated Grenada. Any effect on Sugar Futures???

Comment

Working...
                                X