Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crude going to 60?

(Someone emailed me the following question... that email addresses doesn't work right, so answering question here.)

GOOG.... one idea... use today's low (June 20) as a directional. If it holds, todays rally will continue higher to test 300+. IF it breaks now below today's low it will end up pushing lower to do a bigger W4 is best guess for now????

CME-- focus on that first W4 lower showing on the daily. See if it can hold in that general area???

Hi Marc

How are you ? I know you a busy man. When you get a chance can you show me how you would analyze and play
    GOOG and CME ? I think we should see some big moves coming GOOG ( July earning and August inclusion in S&P ?) and CME ( possible merger talk with CBOT ? next month )

Thanks
    Ed Y
    Marc

Comment

• Ford D

I think this setup looks pretty good for a short on Ford.

/pq1
      Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Ford D

Nice call, good job. Best wishes, marc

Originally posted by pq1
        I think this setup looks pretty good for a short on Ford.

/pq1
        Marc

Comment

• pq1: Thanks for the Ford posting. Trying to get a relative out of his long standing position. He likes the dividend. A likely 30% loss in capital does little to justify a shaky dividend. Now, how about a GM chart!

Comment

• It is with great regret that I have to announce I am discontinuing my trading experiment.

Growing work responsibilities, and now some health issues-- I broke my toe, sliced it open with an ‘axe-ident’ while camping over the weekend--
            makes it almost impossible for this experiment to work now. I just don’t have the energy anymore.

I will try to post occasional Type 1 or 2 ideas.

Please accept my apologies. I really did try hard to make this work. I wanted so much to help you guys out with your trading.

FWIW, I did enter several short-term trades yesterday-- ETH, HCR, PSTI, SCG, GME, TXI, KBH, and SIRI. Two hit their target already.

Other stocks with something attractive yesterday, but did nothing with them-- SFNT, UHS, CAT, AGI, AFL, HPQ, CCJ, ALO, MCRS, PD, EAS.

Take care, thanks for your time, Marc
            Marc

Comment

• I bought 100 shares of CHK, ESV, REM, PGH,REP, Friday and XOM this morning. Will use trailing stops to protect profits in them now. Still holding KBH, TXI, SIRI, SCG, GME, ETH, PSTI; watching and managing those positions closely. I got spooked and bailed prematurely on AFL and HCR the day the FED raised interest rates. Took a small loss, but AFL hit 1st target today. Bummer. My fault.

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend.

Sincerely, Marc
              Marc

Comment

• I wanted to try and make up for canceling my summer trading experiment, so below are some ideas I wanted to share with you in hopes it can help you in some way.

First, still holding positions in CHK, ESV, REM, PGH,REP, XOM, KBH, TXI, SIRI, SCG, GME, ETH, PSTI, and still comfortable with them. A few have exceeded 1st targets but holding still (at my own risk.) Still respect strength in some of those stocks. Will let you know if I change my mind. (Truth is, if I were more patient lately and held on to some earlier postions, would have double the gain right now, so trying to be more patient and relaxed.)

I have no positions in the following, but wanted to share a few new ideas popped up on trader radar screen this morning:

LMS- local Ohio company. Very small volume so never tracked it. Nice slow, steady W3 trend up on weekly chart with a gap today. Worthy of tracking for any pullback, lower-risk Type 1 setup?

IBB-- for ishare enthusiasts, iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology. Worth tracking for pullback, could end up with a Type 1 next few weeks? (Can someone tell me what the heck this is?)

QSII-- for my friend, Mike, who has a 1,000 shares of this... Mike, I think you are out of the woods on this one. Is a Wave 4 completed now? Watch for place to add to your position, u think? Good luck my good friend.

ADCT-- I considered a buy in this stock yesterday and this morning but couldn't define a better risk/reward ratio or how to handle the risk, for me.... so passed... but still think it wants to pop up to next trend level.

TSA-- Wanted to aggressive buy it yesterday and today for a quick trade idea. Missed the lower risk entry. Maybe if it dipped, might aggressive buy with tight stop below 31.75????

Others watching for dips and Type 1 setups: SWN, CNQ, NXY, CKCM (aggressive only), MHR, GMXR, AMAT (maybe a very aggressive T1 buy setting up now?), CRI on next dipper dip, GAP on dip (aggressive only now), wanted to buy POT yesterday (but too expensive, stop loss below 95 best guess), RJF on gap cover dip and stop below 28?, EAC interesting, VSL, so on and so forth. Also, still respect FE trend, basis previous post comment. Just a list of somethings to track. Who knows, maybe you can figure out a trade someday on them.

Best wishes, have a great weekend, may the trades all go your way today,

Sincerely, Marc
                Marc

Comment

• Mike, am glad u stuck it out in XMSR, INTC, CKCM, and QSII the last couple weeks.... looks like you are finally getting another push higher now. Good job my friend. My cheaper SIRI is finally kicking out now as well. Thanks for your help as well.

marc
                  Marc

Comment

• I am going to add a little more to my SIRI position in a few moments.
                    Marc

Comment

• Got stopped out of many energy related trades today. Using trailing stops to protect profits and they got picked off. All profitable. Been a good few weeks. Couldn't get into site here when it happened to report. Site seemed to be down. I think am still in TXI, SIRI, GME, PSTI. TXI did real well today. Up $6.80. Got tired of waiting for ETH to work out so yesterday got out for 70 cent loss. Today it opens up $1.95. Go figure. Oh well. Such is life of trading. If I can figure a safe way back in energy, will let you know. Not quite ready to give up on that sector quite yet. Best wishes, hope you all are having a good week, Marc
                      Marc

Comment

• Re: Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Originally posted by MR
                        This thread is being created so I can post attractive or interesting chart ideas. Charts posted will be simple, not overly fancy analysis, just chart ideas for others to come back with their own input how they would setup a possible opportunity? We start with FC X3 daily....
                        Dear MR,
                        could you explaine your trading with currencies.

thanks
                        Ahmad

Comment

• Hi Ahmad,

As soon as I can get some free time will try to update my observations on US Dollar and Euro.

For now, just a reminder what I said in May, two previous posts on US Dollar....
                          Attached Files
                          Marc

Comment

• Re: Re: Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Hi Ahmad,

As soon as I can get some free time will try to update my observations on US Dollar and Euro.

For now, just a reminder what I said in May, two previous posts on Euro....

Originally posted by Ahmad
                            Dear MR,
                            could you explaine your trading with currencies.

thanks
                            Attached Files
                            Marc

Comment

• FWIW, i bought a little bit of QSII today. (see chart attached)
                              Attached Files
                              Marc

Comment

• My gut feeling is the market wants to make a move higher now.... but is going to wait for key earnings tonight to be released. I am very actively looking for trades to trigger quickly later today and tomorrow morning... to ride strength up if it happens.... Thinking about buying a little of INTC and BZH this afternoon, but kind of busy to decide for sure. Holding still postions in KBH, CSU, PSTI, SIRI, GME, TXI, RYAAY, now QSII. Ready to get fully invested or de-invested by tomorrow IF what I happens OR doesn't happen. Particular interest is Nasdaq tech related stocks... (I am leaving for a mini- vacation soon so will not have much more time to manage some of these trades.)
                                Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X