Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC Chart
    Attached Files

Comment

• CX Chart
      Attached Files

Comment

• PXD Chart
        Attached Files

Comment

• FE Chart
          Attached Files

Comment

• JEC Chart
            Attached Files

Comment

• UBB Chart
              Attached Files

Comment

• BK Chart
                Attached Files

Comment

• Further comments on the charts:

The losses are small because the stops are tight.
                  We missed the prolonged profits that UBB continues to bestow.
                  The easy parts of these trades are the entry and the stop loss management. The difficult part is the profit target as the trade evolves. Stepwise profit taking is an option.

The trades started on September 1 and we will continue to follow our algorithm as outlined earlier. If there is an interest in these, I will post more trade results at a later time.

XTL Continuation trades in a weekly wave 3 as identified by Advanced Get really work.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed as usual.

PRH

Comment

• Philippe,

Thanks for posting those stocks. I always admire, really appreciate seeing your trade ideas. Thanks for taking the time to post them here.

Sincerely, your friend

Marc
                    Marc

Comment

• This is a trade that I've setting up for the past few days. It came up during the weekend research and today is the first move outside the Regression Trend Channel.

I like to use the short term ellipse when we are dealing with a stock that has this kind of Wave 3. The strong gapping action along the Wave 3 indicates unusual strength, so the short-term ellipse may help catch shallow retracements. I'm quite pleased we did not exceed the 140% on the Oscillator but we have not yet quite pulled back to zero.

As always, make sure you do you own due diligence and feel free to comment. Have fun.

Comment

• Duane,

Thanks for sharing your chart idea. Really appreciate you
                        and PRH posting your recent ideas here.

Best wishes and regards, Marc

PS- as a follow-up.... I stuck to my convictions and held
                        on to positions posted here earlier, before last weekend...
                        I sweat a little, but so far the gamble is paying off.
                        Attached Files
                        Marc

Comment

• Hi Marc,

Glad to hear the trades you mentioned are headed your way. I thought I would follow up with another one of the several patterns that have worked out well.

I began setting this trade up on TLAB back in late August. We've gotten better than a 10% move since that time. While this trade occurred within the confines of Wave 3, it illustrates the importance of waiting for the breakout of the upper channel line.

As always.....For Educational purposes only.... Thoughts and comments are always welcome.

August 21, 2005

And the result.........

September 30, 2005

Comment

• Stopped out today... gave back all
                            profits... Standing aside now a couple
                            days to wait for new opportunities.
                            bummer.
                            Marc

Comment

• You know, I felt really bummed out yesterday when I discovered really good profits had disappeared in two days.
                              With today's "gap lower" open on many of those positions I feel better now. Better to give up profit, not principle.

Two ideas: (1) focus on very shorter-term charts to find potential quick trade, Type 1 sell setups. (2) wait patiently
                              for this energy sector pullback to work itself out. When it stabilizes again, track the strongest stocks for new
                              longer-term Type 1 buy opportunity setups, basis say a weekly or monthly chart.

Winter is still coming and areas like natural gas and heating oil supply/demand needs may not yet be totally satisfied.
                              Marc

Comment

• Be Careful this month....
                                is going to be very tough market.
                                Could be building downtrend type behavior.
                                Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X