Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I bought a couple railroad related stocks yesterday, something called USG, and been holding long a couple weeks 100 shares of LMT. (I forget what else am in... gotta check soon.) I can find tons of stuff to buy for aggressive short-term trades but capital limited now. WYE another nice trade triggered today. I would just be nimble, flexible, maintain tight trailing stops for now is how I am playing the game. Until options and futures expire this week you still have to be a littel careful, but feeling good right now, quick buy trades are acceptable risk this week. If we follow-through more to upside then can breath better, maybe stay longer. I cannot follow-up quicky at this site because busy elsewhere, but will try to get back here asap to help AGET friends out if can... marc
    Marc

Comment

• Hello everyone,

For those who have been following our Type I trade on HANS, I wanted to provide an update to where we currently stand. Today was the first day we pushed through the MOB and firmly established the Wave 5 follow through. Our entry trigger was near the $86 area and we have been moving our stop along the way to lock in profits. Based on the rules of the this type of trade, we have seen slightly over 32 points of profit using the Advanced GET strategies.. If you are just joining in, take a look at the following post to see how this trade set up for us....

As always, this information is designed for educational purposes only

Today it looks like this.....

Comment

• Duane,

I told you that would be a good trade! Congrat's again on HANS and picking a clear winner, hands down an excellent job!

Marc
        Marc

Comment

• Hi Jim and other,

Here is a copy of something I posted elsewhere earlier today. Normally I don't share this information here, but because of the nature of market activity I thought it would help my friends here as well. There are many other things I will be reviewing and will update here anything new I find that can help...

Marc

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8:56 AM, Thursday, 16 March 2006 (Pre-Market Observations)-- Market's up a little this morning. Reports so far not hurting, helping a little. I think the overall US market has good odds of holding up again. It might be a little quieter this morning but if it can develop as would like, later in day could show more up action? I think odds still in our favor this is a realistic goal. Nasdaq (ND #F) holding above 1709.50 area, what I call a directional level... now support. The longer the market holds above that level today it will attract more buying interest as day progresses. Can get above 1725 area before noon is my interest this morning. The SP #F is not yet at its resistance area. Watch what happens when it hits 1325 to 1330 region. Can it push quickly through there or back off a little after approaching it? I would be interested in seeing $INDU trade above yesterday's 11209.77 close area, and if it can stay above it during the day. Would be nice to see this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          10:00 AM, Thursday, 16 March 2006-- I have analyzed a lot of indecies the last two days and feel confident the market can hold up today or, if not, it should be able to continue to work eventually back up more in an obvious uptrend direction as time progresses.... Below are general observations made when comparing and contrasting a multitude of other US indecies for supporting ideas.... Nasdaq pushing slowly more blue, now into SC room!

MR General Observations Today Of Various US Indecies: $IXF (Nasdaq Financial) new high, $BANK (Nasdaq Banking) newer recent high, $BKX (PHLX/KBW Bank Sector) new high, $BIX (S&P Banks) newer recent high, $BTK (Biotechnology) trending and looking like it wants to pivot up again, $CEX (S&P Chemical) took out recent high a few days ago and has near-term trending up capability, $IXCO (Nasdaq Computer) has potential of build a base for now, $GHA (Goldman/Sachs Hardware) testing a newer recent high and has strong up pattern, $GSV (Goldman/Sachs Services) has strong up trend in progress, $GSO (Goldman/Sachs Software) has ability to hold last pivot low and now work slowy higher, $OFIN (Other Financials) working in a sustainable uptrend and made a newer high today, $GOX (AMEX Gold) made a nice pullback that looks like it could base out now and eventually stage a rally off 120 pivot low, $XAU (Gold/Silver) made a nice pullback after a 10 month rally that looks like the 125 area pivot point low can hold now, $HCX (S&P Healthcare) lagging a little but pulling up slowly to last previous high which would be a new high once taken out, $MSH (Morgan Stanley High-Tech 235) 530-525 pivot low tested 5 times and held and could go higher now but not taken out last high yet, $INDS (Nasdaq Industrial) took out the last high this morning and can trend up easier soon, $NIND (Nasdaq National Market Industrial) took out last high and could be building for a newer up trend not too long from now,

$INR (Nasdaq Insurance) has not taken out the previous high, $IUX (S&P Insurance) last two pivot lows held and now it is slowly working toward the previous high, $INX (CBOE Internet) is mid-range the January high and Feb adn March lows, $GIN (Goldman/Sachs Internet) after a good pullback it could have a nice basing pattern to work from if 185 to 182 low holds now, $GIP (Goldman/Sachs Multimedia Networking) which has a nice trending and popped up to make a newer high this morning before backing off a little, $PSE (ARCHEX Tech 100) nice trend up and approaching previous high... 900 seems nice next target, *** $IXTC (Nasdaq Telecommunications) I really like this index pattern and would buy it if I could on next pullback, $OSX (Phily Oil Service Sector) after a nice pullback could be trying to build a base at 190-185 to establish the next uptrend, $DRG (Pharmaceutical) closing in on last high and could then test next higher level, *** $RLX (S&P Retail) took out last conjestion area high and now charging toward last year high and will be bought more on next pullback, $SOX (Semiconductor sector) is not as clear right now and will require more work on my part to define best and strongest support, *** XBD (AMEX Securites Broker/Dealer) is in a very postive and strong uptrend which is now closing in on last previous high***, ***$TRANQ (Nasdaq Transportation) is trending nicely and just took out last high, $MEX (Mexico) trending up nicely and almost at last high test.

This is just a list I review occasionally... will try to find time as soon as possible to see what other US related indecies might also be showing. This helps me get a better feel for the overall market, and can often so me better where money might be flowing into. I will also be taking a look at ETF's, ishares and such maybe tomorrow so you have some better ideas what to monitor for in coming month or longer?
          Marc

Comment

• 2:30 PM, Thursday, 16 March 2006-- ". . . . We are backing off a little this afternoon. Is ok... profit-taking.... Whatever happens now and Friday will only help attract more buying later next week. It will also help generate some other shorter-term room trades, as pullbacks in currently stronger up trends will create another buy setup opportunity when a better risk/reward is figured out for new ideas. Remember, I think we still have options and some futures contract expiration very soon that may create anomolies (unpredictable behavior) within the market moves, so while bullish a little more, we have to be careful until some of those kinks get worked out.
            Marc

Comment

• Hi Marc

Hi Marc!

Thanks for sharing the proprietary material. You've talked me out of a trading funk and it's most appreciated. Sometimes you just need a level head to talk you down out of those funks.

Good luck to all.

Jim

Comment

• Jim,

Please dont feel bad, it has been very tough pickings the last several months. Maybe we are finally getting a reprieve? We will see... hang in there and our luck may be changing. We still have to be a little nimble, flexible, and not too greedy yet until breakouts become more clearly sustainable...

Take care my friend, will do my best to help as information clears things up more.

Sincerely,

marc
                Marc

Comment

• 9:06 AM, Friday, 17 March 2006-- Reviewed things premarket open, cannot see anything out there that will mess up today's market other than normal profit-taking from a nice rally earlier this week, or uncertainty related to options expiration. When I look at the charts I can see the potential of the market to drift a little lower, but I can also 'sense' there is a chance overall market could actually attract small waves of buying before the day is over. It might be a quiet morning. I can see many stocks I track trading up instinet or overnight quotes, and as an aggregate the others are not appearing down that much overnight. We will wait and see. Not seeing too much this morning.
                  Marc

Comment

• Here is an aggressive trade I could see possiblly in PFE (see attached chart) If this pivot low holds this idea will work out.
                    Attached Files
                    Marc

Comment

• Bet u a buck that earlier posted PFE trade idea works out ! It is already up about 20 cents from earlier this AM... if it goes quickly within a few more trading days we are home free on it... and can move up incremental trailing stop to protect any profits...
                      Marc

Comment

• Hi Marc

Man I am glad I didn't bet a buck against Marc. Is this 6 up days in a row? Get out the vaseline for the shorts.

Jim

Comment

• Pearsons R

The Pearsons R is the correlation co-effiecient for the linear regression trend line.

When running a regression over the stock the least squares method attempts to capture as much information aboout the data as possible and plot a trend line through the data.

The stronger the correlation (Pearsons R) the better the fit. A 100% or Pearson of 1.0 is a perfect fit ie. the trend line has captured 100% of the explanatory power of the underlying data. Thus the lower the Pearsons the worse the trend line fit and the more wary you should be about the trend line plot.

In general you should aim to get a Pearsons above say .95. The higher the better, as this tells you the fit is caputing more explanatory power and you can place more reliance on the trend direction.

Hope this helps

You can turn the pearson's on by right clicking the regression line or selecting the Auto trend button and selecting Pearsons set to on.

Hope this helps
                          Regards
                          Philby

Comment

• Jim, it looks like US market is back to "game playing" this week-- little price swings up/down/up/down, grabbing stops and swing back to grab more stops.... just when day and short-term traders get frustrated beyond belief, just when you give up... bamm... then the market will rebound with a vengence. Continue to be nimble, flexible in your trading right now... don't get greedy when you have a profit... at least we made some newer highs last week... it is just a matter of time, maintaining some more patience and exercising proper entries and money management techniques to profit from this kind of market, at least until the easy money trading consistent trend develops once again. I think we are improving overall, just not quite there yet.
                            Originally posted by MR - Posted: 03-15-2006 03:53 PM
                            .... be nimble, flexible, maintain tight trailing stops for now is how I am playing the game. Until options and futures expire this week you still have to be a little careful, but feeling good right now, quick buy trades are acceptable risk this week.
                            Originally posted by jims_id
                            Man I am glad I didn't bet a buck against Marc. Is this 6 up days in a row? Get out the vaseline for the shorts.

Jim
                            Marc

Comment

• 8:58 AM, Tuesday, 21 March 2006-- Is this the first or second day of spring? Like Ohio, the market will be just a little bit cold this morning. We shall see if it stays cold or it it hopefully warms up like it normally does in early spring weather. Really looking forward to the day when the market consistently warms up and shows its beautiful just like a wonderful spring day when the beauty of God's creation comes alive once again! Oh to see and smell flowers again. Oh to see a bull market soon!
                              Marc

Comment

• 11:45 AM, Tuesday, 21 March 2006-- I wasn't paying attention but just noticed about 10:00 to 10:10 overall US market started a nice rally. VERY encouraged to see this today. Maybe we won't have to have a long drawn out pullback or pause like what we are now conditioned to see after good runups.... I am fully invested so maybe won't have to wait long for those stocks to rebound more?
                                Last edited by MR; 03-21-2006, 09:13 AM.
                                Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X