Index Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Symbols

I must have something set up wrong in Get EOD. I can't find index charts. I select File/New Chart then In the issues box I've slected <Issue List 10/11/2003>.

I see none of the indexes in the box below. I'm guessing the indexes have been eliminated or were not part of the <Issue List 10/11/2003>, which I assume was some soft of default list.

Any ideas?

If using eSignal data, try things like $INDU, $SPY, $COMPQ, $TRAN, to name a few.

Click here to see eSignal symbols
    Marc

Comment

Partial solution

I discovered part of the problem. When I'm working somewhere where I don't have an internet connection, the Symbol box in the issues list is missing, and I can't see any indexes.

If I restore the connection and restart GET, the symbols box magically re-appears. At that point I can get charts for indexes such as $SPX.

The odd thing is, still, that the "symbol" $SPX does not appear in my list in either scenario.

Odd, but at least I understand the terms under which GET will display what I need.

Has anyone else noticed this "glitch"?

Comment

If you could check your data path for me, I think that is where the problem might be, just click on File - Data Paths - highlight eSignal - click on Properties - see if Indices has a check in it's box. (I'm betting that it doesn't.) Then just click Ok a couple of times and then go to File - New Chart and it will automatically rescan the data, take a look at the top of the Issue list and let me know what the first symbol is, thanks.
        Mark

Comment

Bingo

$BKX
          Bless you my son.

Comment

No problem. Glad I could help.
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X