Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT Scanner - Why no futures or QQQ's

Hi:
    I am a Get RT Scanner customer, and I have asked eSignal management why futures contracts and ETF (QQQ's, DIA'd, etc) are NOT included in this product.

I don't get it.

1. Please explain why futures have been available on the GET EOD Scanner for years and as a "Premium" paying customer I do not have access to futures?
    2. Why are ETF (Exchange Traded Funds) are NOT available? You have stocks, indexes and optionable but the most popular tradable index products (QQQ's & DIA's) are not included?
    3. Why can I scan for volume surges (125% of 30 MA of Volume) for stocks on the EOD Scanner and I cannot do this on the RT?

I am saying these things out loud as:
    1. eSignal can do better than the current RT Scanner.
    2. I have asked for these items in an e-mail to ideas@esignal in the past and all I got back was a "oh, we will consider this for a later upgrade."
    3. I am a professional, if you want me to continue paying $490 per month for your "Premium" product then do not create the impression that I am "getting ripped off" when I see again in the 1997-98 Get Seminar tapes how I can scan for futures data and in 2003 I still cannot scan the e-mini products.

When someone from eSignal or GET responds, please do so using this thread and not some "private message." I have received "private messages in the past and they have not resulted in any progress. Also, your customers are are interested in making the Get Scanner better, especially the e-mini traders who view this forum.

Sincerely,
    Harndog

Harndog,

I will be happy to answer your questions regarding the Advanced GET Scanner.

1. Having the ability to scan futures with the Advanced GET Scanner would be a nice feature. We always evaluate our products to see how we can make them better for our customers. We also have a database of suggestions that we collect from our customers. I have made sure that your suggestion has made it to this list.

2. We have a total of 8525 symbols that are being scanned with the Advanced GET Scanner. The ETF's that you are talking about are included in this list. If you want to send me a personal email, I would be happy to send you the list of symbols that the scanner is searching. It is in a txt file format.

3. This goes back to answer number one. I will make sure that this suggestion is added to the list. Each search parameter takes a certain amount of CPU bandwidth to complete for all 8525 symbols. We would like to be able to add all type of search parameters to this scanner, but that would not work at this point. This is why we keep a listing of what our customers are looking for, and through evaluation, add the parameters to the list.

I hope this helps you out. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Stephen Brumbelow
    Advanced GET Product Manager
    [email protected]

Comment

Scanner response

Steve:
      Thank you for your response.
      1. It is my understanding that if I used the Advanced GET EOD data I would have the ability to scan for futures. Is this true? Y/N
      2. If it is true that I can scan for futures in the EOD version and was receiving delayed data from Get why am I receiving less as a eSignal "premium" customer?
      3. Are the QQQ's or DIA's listed as indexes or stocks?
      4. My request is that the QQQ's , DIA's (and other ETF) are listed as a separate searchable database just like "Stocks," "Indexes," and "Optionable." This is not a difficult programming upgrade. With all of the customers who trade the QQQ's or SPY's why not allow them to quickly scan and auto refresh for cross-referencing opportunities?
      5. When I used the beta version of the Get Scanner, I was told that why the scanner was better was that you kept all the data on your servers. So, as part of your business model do you not keep adding servers and/or add product features to the scanner?
      6. Finally, the reason I am not sending you a personal e-mail is that it does serve my purpose of holding "Get's" feet to the fire about making the scanner the best product it can be and I have taken the "send me a personal e-mail" route before and all it has got me is "put on a list." Get can and has in the past done better than this level of service.

Sincerely,
      Harndog

Comment

Harndog,

1. You can only scan the EOD data within Advanced GET End of Day program only. The Advanced GET Scanner is a completely different product/service. It does not scan based on delayed data. It uses real-time data.

2. Again, this is another product that allows you scan the 8000+ symbols in one second with real time data. (We are doing the scanning).

3. They are listed as stocks.

4. Added to the suggestion database.

5. Yes we do. We add servers as the demand dictates. We also add features as time and resources allow us.

6. I only wanted you to send me a personal email because I did not want to post a text list of 8000+ symbols. We receive customer suggestions all of the time. I only wish it was possible to be able to add every thing at the same time. Keep looking for updates and product enhancements in the future.

Stephen Brumbelow
        Advanced GET Product Manager

Comment

A poll on the Get RT Scanner

Hello:
          A have a poll question for the GET RT Scanner & Get community:

Would it be of value to you to scan the QQQ's, SPY's and DIA's (all the Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) ) as as a separate database in your Get RT scanner?

What would mean for you is you could have the ETF as a separate database like "stocks", "indices", "optionable" and you would be able to cross-reference and auto refresh for your favorite scans like XTL Blue.

Please respond if you have an opinion.

Harndog

Comment

Harndog

I am not taking the side of anyone.

I asked since april even with a poll to add to the scanner Futures and EU stocks.

If ESIGNAL didn't do it so far, means that there is valuable reasons and that is not priority #1.
            And AMOF by a general point of view it is not.

So I perfectly understand Stephen position; by the moment they will be ready to do it they will. Perfectly
            Believe me.

As they did with many other things , like i.e the new Options platform which is already the best among the integrated or the MP which is again at the same level of CQG and Aspen . But costs 1 / 50Th of those.

I'll be more than happy to use a RT scanner that I pay but that I actually do not use since my Stocks activity is just 1% (or even less)
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
            X