Time Price Squares Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Price Squares Tool

I've started playing with the TPS tool and am a little confused. Could use some ideas/feedback...

With the TPS, I'm typically starting out on a "P" (from the pivots). After clicking on the bar labelled with a "P" I move the mouse one bar to the right and the TPS tool draws the forecast.

If I continue to move the mouse to the right, the fibonacci time extensions will extend further.

My question is: What's the general rule of thumb when using TPS? Do you click on the "P", move one bar to the right and click again to lock it in? Or, do you click on two "P" points?

Could it be used like an ellipse and you click from a 2 to a 3 on the E-waves?

m.
    Matt Gundersen

Any one, Any one???
    Bueler, Bueler, .... Voodoo Economics...???

Just wondering if there's someone around that can provide some real world insight on TPS?

thx.m.
    Matt Gundersen

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Time Price Squares Tool'

Matt

With the TPS, I'm typically starting out on a "P" (from the pivots)

While Primary Pivots can certainly be used I prefer to use major market turn
      points in relation to Elliott Waves.

After clicking on the bar labelled with a "P" I move the mouse one bar to
      the right and the TPS tool draws the forecast

The tool is always a forward looking one (with regards to time) so it really
      does not matter where the second click is. In fact it could be also on the
      bar preceeding the first click and you would get the same projections. The
      only thing that matters is the price level as the TPS will be plotted above
      if the cursor is above the first click or below if the cursor is below.

If I continue to move the mouse to the right, the fibonacci time
      extensions will extend further

Actually they don't extend forward. What happens is that the nearest values
      are omitted while the projections for days and prices remain unchanged.

My question is: What's the general rule of thumb when using TPS? Do you
      click on the "P", move one bar to the right and click again to lock it in?
      Or, do you click on two "P" points?

In general yes you click on the Pivot then place your second click depending
      how much of the existing price action already covered by TPS you want to
      see. I suggest covering as much as possible (hence clicking one bar after)
      primarily because that allows you to evaluate if the markets have respected
      some of the projected levels of S/R and if so which ones.

Alex
      Last edited by ACM; 01-15-2003, 09:45 AM.

Comment

More on... Time & Price Squares tool

Hi Matt! ... Alex offers good instructions how to apply the T&PS tool.... I would like to build on this Time and Price Squares topic....

The important thing to remember when using T&PS: (1) it is not to be considered a 'primary' decision-making trading tool and, (2) it works best within an Elliott Wave theory framework.

It can, however, do a really decent job adding insight to a good Type 1 or 2 trade setup. It is a quality 'secondary' consideration tool which I often use when doing technical analysis.

Until I can find time to create newer eSignal T&PS examples for AGET users, please email me at " [email protected] " and will forward over a dozen older T&PS chart examples. You may find these charts helpful as I spend countless hours a few years ago researching, then creating these Time and Price Squares AGET tool examples.

In addition, check out a recent Dec 2002 Daily Soybean charts posted to AGET “Trader’s Outlook.” It is a real-time example of a “multiple T&PS" application.

http://markets.advancedget.com/html/...ataType=number

Finally, before this thread was created I posted a little overview of the Time and Price Squares tool. It provides a little T&PS background information.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=&threadid=411

Sincerely, Marc Rinehart (AGET Tools and Study Support)
        Last edited by iliketype1s; 01-15-2003, 10:04 AM.

Comment

My apologies. I am new to this type technology. The links suggested were incorrect.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is an example what happened later with Dec BO 2002 using the Time and Price Squares tool.
            Attached Files

Comment

Marcus HI

As we say in this strange country(italy) " once you did 30 do 31" means ....since the only thing I did not learned from you about the basics of TPS is the most charming in my opinion - the SETTINGS!- can you at least partially "reveal" your settings......?
              Mine are NOT the defaults one and are working fine - but maybe yours would do better....!!!

My warmest regards Marcus and say hello to Akron!!!

( when you change nick, inform the world around!!!!)

Fabrizio
              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

hi fabrizio,

I use TPS also and have changed my defaults as follows:
                Fibonacci sequence 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377 and Gann sequence 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315, 360. Although I don't include 1,3,5, I do include 72 which is 1/2 of Fib 144. I set both time and price defaults to these numbers and I also set a uniform color. The latter is very painful since the programmers have not included a method to change all the colors at once. But once the default is setup it is very easy to turn on/off those lines that are useful. (ie you probably don't want both 89 and 90 on at the same time) Finally there is the issue of price scale. I simply change this on the fly depending on what the price of the security is and what sort of daily volatilty. I might use .001 for a $10 stock and $1.00 for something like $INDU.

Comment

Greetings my friend!

Fabrizio, I admit my natural strength is in the area of high creativity and stronger 'visionary' abilities, not in math numbers. Even though I did very well in Finance classes at college, when you ask me a numbers question I immediately have to grab a calculator, or in this case, refer to a list of numbers taped on my computer monitor. I got tired of looking up the numbers myself!

AGET Time and Price Squares numbers I tend to use are combinations of Gann, Fibonacci, and occasionally a few other numbers just because I like them. My scientific friends may scowl or cringe at me admitting this fact, but my philosophy is if it works, use it until proven differently, right?

The basics preferred are as follows: 5, 8, 13, 21 and/or 23, 34, 45, 55, 72, 89 and/or 90, 113, 135, 144, 180, 225, 233, 270, 360, 377, 610, 720, 987, 1080, 1440... and if higher values are needed these numbers are used: 1597, 1800, 2584, 2700, 3600, 4181, 7200, 10800, 18000. Other numbers I will kick around with using in some instances: 786, 315, 186, 107, 62, 35, .0472, .0764, 1.236 and 2.00.

These numbers are not set in stone. They are just my preferences. I have seen and read others commenting on numbers they like, and to be totally honest, I would not disagree with them. I might even save their values and experiment with them at some time. But having done a fair amount of reading and experimenting with all the Gann and Fibonacci books available to me, I am inclined to use the numbers above.

Numbers used also are contingent on the scaling used and range needed. In addition, I also prefer to play with multiple T&PS calculation points. Again, if you refer to my writings, you will be reminded I use the T&PS tool as a secondary level decision-making confirmation tool, not as the primary selection to base a Type 1 or 2 setup on.... but I definitely do like playing with them and I definitely do think they have value. T&PS's calculations would be considered a secondary AGET tool for me only because sometimes it takes more time and experimentation to define with confidence a 'best fit' setting, and there may not always be enough time to properly apply this tool.

If you wish to see a "Review of Time and Price Squares" go to the 'Advanced GET' User Group under 'File Sharing' and load up the PDF file in the 'Time Price Squares" directory.

( http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...res&groupid=20 )

- marc
                  Last edited by MR; 06-17-2003, 11:53 AM.
                  Marc

Comment

Marc And Pj

Thanks For Your Info.

Of Course I Do Follow Your Papers Marc, And That Is The Reason Why I Said The Only Thing I Have Not From You On Tps Are The Settings....

However I do Agree With You Both And With Marc On The Pain......with Changing Colors One By One..

I Post You My Setting. With The Note That -according With Marcus Papers- I Play A Lot With The Scale, With Multi Scales In The Same Chart

My Time Sequence Are Fib Numbers And Price Numbers Are Natural Squares . I Discuss About This With Plumber, And I Must Say That this Solution is Working Fine. (I.e. I'm Getting The Reversal That Will Be Likely Happen In The Week From July 1st To 7th)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by fabrizio; 06-18-2003, 06:29 AM.
                    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                    X