Format changes between weekly & Daily charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format changes between weekly & Daily charts

Is there a way to mark up a weekly chart and then when you flip to the daily chart for the same stock the lines and studies adjust to reflect the new time format rather than become distorted on the new chart ?
    Regards
    Philby

It depends on what you mean when you say "mark up". If you use drawing tools then they don't change when you go from a weekly to a daily and vice versa.
    Mark

Comment

In the majority of cases, what you draw on one time frame you should still see some semblance of that work displayed on another time frame. As you stated, it may not always make sense unless you have, say, used the text icon to type out a reference description attached to it, identifying its purpose or significance. But it should redraw to the new time frame when reissued. One way you can try to make some better sense out of it is to use the expand/contraction data bar selection. This selection brings the data bars closer to each other or pushes more space between data bars; thereby, reducing or expanding the chart scaling. Try these selections, see if it can help.
      Attached Files
      Marc

Comment

Thanks - I think it was the compressed mode of the chart when going from daily upto weekly - all the lines seemed to be displaced and not in the weekly position to accurately reflect what I had drawn on the daily chart.

Now that I know that GET translates daily lines & studies for all times ( daily, weekly monthly ) I will look a little closer at the arrows to spread the action out a little more so everything is readable.

Thanks

Originally posted by MarcRinehart
        In the majority of cases, what you draw on one time frame you should still see some semblance of that work displayed on another time frame. As you stated, it may not always make sense unless you have, say, used the text icon to type out a reference description attached to it, identifying its purpose or significance. But it should redraw to the new time frame when reissued. One way you can try to make some better sense out of it is to use the expand/contraction data bar selection. This selection brings the data bars closer to each other or pushes more space between data bars; thereby, reducing or expanding the chart scaling. Try these selections, see if it can help.
        Regards
        Philby

Comment

Working...
        X