Is the eSignal upgrade necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the eSignal upgrade necessary?

Is the upgrade to 7.5 necessary? Is there any downside?

Keith,
    Originally posted by Keith
    Is the upgrade to 7.5 necessary? Is there any downside?
    Having used software for many years, I would tell you it is often a preference issue. If you are happy with a software product and are not experiencing any problems, my normal motto is why upgrade? If, however, you have a reason to upgrade-- ie., a new feature you want to play with, or an improvement or fix you have been waiting for, then why not try the upgrade?

Now my personal opinion. Three years ago I would have hesitated to upgrade every time an upgrade was released. (It is my nature to be cautious.) Today, I have no hesitation to upgrade. The software product and platform is sound, the new features are worth it, software anomolies and glitches are limited. I am extremely impressed with how much has been put into the this product and how valuable these new tools are becoming to my analysis and trade setups.

I am using the newest version of eSignal software and it seems to be working well. I really like it. Here is a link you can read to judge for yourself if you want to upgrade. http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=5742
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    (Below is something Todd Pellizzer, eSignal Product Manager, wrote up on the new release.)

We've just release eSignal 7.5 to the main eSignal download page here. This release includes new data content and new features for individual traders as well as institutional users. Please review the features and services below and then upgrade to this latest release. If you encounter problems, please report them under the 7.xx forum. To learn all about the new features in 7.5, please review the 7.5 FAQ's. You can also take advantage of our new self-paced video training and check out the key new 7.5 features here.

Software Features
    Market Depth
    DOME display
    Forex depth
    CME depth
    CBOT depth
    Regional Options linked directly from option chain
    NYSE Liquidity Quote

Market Profile
    Cursor window now displays Value Area High and low instead of TPH and TPL
    Title shows the name of the security as well
    Letters in MP can be configured at user defined time So for example letter "A" can be 7:20 am instead of 7:00 am
    Ability to combine Distributions
    Sub 30 minute Intervals have subscripts
    Color choices for letters
    Point of Control Indicator
    Snapshot Window added.

Advanced Chart
    Study Overlays - When you merge studies, they no longer need to fit the same scale
    Symbol Overlays - When you type a symbol, there's now a button for Multiple Symbols.
    Axis Management - You can now use a left and right axis for price and study values. Each symbol or study can be displayed on either side and can be part of the scale or just displayed on the selected axis.
    Option to display PNF charts like some competitors (filling in the X's and O's)
    User Option to display Security name in addition to the symbol. (Under Edit Studies)
    Regional quotes for daily and weekly charts. IBM=N will take IBM as the chart symbol in D,W,M chart
    New Search feature in Time & Sales window including filtering on a Date/Time range
    Updated Built-in formulas to include user Input
    Corrected scale for Treasury Futures
    Andrews Pitchfork is now free and on the Line Bar

Other Features
    Greeks on Futures Options
    All adv chart toolbar features added to keyboard shortcuts.
    Time Alerts
    Scanner integration with new Scan window.
    New Dynamic Symbol List for moving scan results directly into a quote window

Data Content
    Extended Intraday data – doubled amount of data available. This is only visible in 7.5 and only in advanced charts. Older versions and standard charts will only be able to get the same 60 days as before.
    Options History – This is Daily history for individual strikes
    Fundamental data for Funds including Name of Instrument
    AFX News (AFX Europe, Asia, and UK)
    News via Comstock instead of Pinnacor
    Fixed Income data via link from eSignal to FTID.com
    Dow Jones News Plus – Web content for Dow Jones subscribers available under the Research menu. Due to issues about linking to news entitlements, users will need to upgrade to 7.5 for this link to be visible.

Add-on Formula Studies
    Kase StatWare
    Bollinger Band Tool Kit
    Jan Arps' Sigma Bands
    Marc

Comment

Keith
      If I may add to Marc's already complete and detailed reply I would say that even though the upgrade may not be "necessary" it does offer new functionality that is IMHO very desirable and useful.
      As to the downsides I have had none.
      Hope this helps
      Alex

Comment

Here is another link with highlights on the newest eSignal release.... http://www.esignal.com/esignal/features/
        Marc

Comment

Working...
        X