X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with toolbars

Hi folks,

Does someone on Esignal have an answer for the following:

I have the Esignal Advanced Get End of Day version 7.7 build 394 and use Esignal data.

When I had build 382, I edited the studies and indicator toolbars to remove several studies and indicators that I do not use, and moved both toolbars at the top of the screen for easy access.
    When exiting Adv Get, somehow the settings were saved, and when I restarted the program later, the toolbars were still as I had configured them.

Now with build 394, it is no longer true. I edited the toolbars to my configuration and exited the program. When reloading the program, all toolbars are there again in their full glory with all indicators, not my configuration. Saving as a page, saving as a template and loading it again, did not achieve the desired result being restoring my preferred toolbar configuration.

Am I missing something?

I would appreciate it if someone who has figured this out would post the solution, or confirm/deny that it is a bug in the program that was not there before.

Thank you.

Philippe

I have experienced the same thing. What I was told is to exit the program from the File menu. Don't use the close program shortcut in the upper left of the window. When I close thru the File-Exit sequence, I don't have any problems with the Toolbars moving. It's a hassle because I am so used to using the X to close programs, but it seems to work which is less of a hassle than moving all the Toolbars back.

Cheers,

Matt
    Cheers!

Matt

Comment

Phillipe,

I don't have an answer, but will be looking into it and will try to get back to you asap.
      Marc

Comment

This is a known bug that will be resolved with our next release which looks like it will be coming early next year.
        Mark

Comment

Happy New Year to all!

Matt (mattsb):

I tried to do what you suggested, closing the program using the file exit option, but that did not work either. All toolbars remain in the same original configuration. Am I missing something?

Philippe

Comment

Happy New Year Philippe,

I doubt you've missed anything. Gremlins seem to pop up in software at different times.

Just to review, my program is open with all the toolbars where I want them. I open the drop down File menu and scroll to the bottom to Exit. When I re-open the program, the toolbars are where I left them. I'm sure this is exactly what you have done so all I can say is that AGet has a problem.

It is a very frustrating and aggravating situation. Even though in my case, the above works, I would still like to be able to close the program just using the X close program button in the upper right corner. (I mistakenly called it out as upper left in my earlier post.)

I hope this is the least of our worries for 2004. Here's to a safe and profitable New Year.
            Cheers!

Matt

Comment

Hi esignal has a new ADVANCED GET release with build 406. When i had called them they sent me an executable file which i down loaded and it seems to working fine for me. I still think we have to close using EXIT rather the cross at the corner.

Ragu Suds

Comment

Problems with Toolbars

Thanks for the info on Exit vs Close, it works on my build 394. Does anyone know when they are releasing a new build?

Comment

Hi Dragon,

We are currently working on the next release of GET that will take care of this issue. We are hoping to release it within the next few weeks.
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X