ASCII data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCII data problem

I use end of day ascii data and most of the time there are no problems. However, sometimes I get a message that "Volume and OpenInterest could not be loaded." When I get this error, the price still gets displayed properly. It is only the volume and open interest that does not get displayed. This does not happen on all commodities or all months of the same commodity. What problems can I look for when I analyse my data file for errors? I have check to make sure that I am not missing a comma.

Also, will this error impact the calculation of the Elliott Oscillator?

Thanks

Hi bmaltz,

Here are a few standard questions a tech support person might ask if working on this data problem--

What version or build of EOD GET are you using? What data feed are you using to provide your ascii files? (Not all provide volume and open interest.) Are you entering your ascii variables manually? If so, one idea is to check for missing data on any dates? Usually when you get the kind of error message you describe it occurs because a piece of data is missing in that file as the program loops through that routine and finds a missing spot.

It is almost impossible to know for sure unless we can personally investigate the file. One idea is to have you cut-and-paste and post here a short sample of your ascii problem data so people can review it for any obvious errors.

A better idea is to just email a copy of your post and attach 2 or 3 ascii problem files so someone work the file for any obvious errors.

Send this to: [email protected]

Will this volume/open interest error impact the Elliott Oscillator calculation? No, it shouldn't. That calculation is based more on your O,H,L,C variables.

If you would like to review some other FAQ's on EOD data, or other related concerns, click here.
    Marc

Comment

Hello bmaltz,

Thank you for your email.

What version and build of EOD GET are you using? Help About will show this information. What data feed are you using to provide your ascii files? (Not all data venders provide volume and open interest.) Are you entering your ascii variables manually? If so, one idea is to check for missing data on any dates? Usually when this error occurs because the data for this field is missing in that file.

The easiest way to figure this out is to email us one of the data files that shows the error and one that doesn't. This way we can look at the actual data in both files and figure out what is different.
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X