TC2000 as data source for AdvGET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC2000 as data source for AdvGET

Does anyone have experience using TC2000 as a datasource for AdvGET EOD??
    Having problems getting this to work.
    Is there any documentation anywhere that could be helpful??

I use TC2000 as a feed with no problems. I'm not at home but will return this evening and give you details. As I remember what I did.

I set up a TC2000 scan (Watchlist) to select a specific set of stocks ( volume, price, etc.).

I set the data path in AGET to look in the TC2000 directory. This caused a check box and name to appear in the AGET data source window. You must check the check box.

That's the best I can do from memory. Will look at it tonight or tomorrow and post another response unless someone else gives you more definitive help in the interim.
    Jack

Comment

tc2000 Data

Hi:
      I follow the same procedure as was mentioned. Someone from Advanced Get might be able to provide more documentation. Also, did you check your Advanced Get Manual?
      What I do is create scans in TC200 for certain criteria, say volume >125% of 22 MA of Volume, Price> 15. I give this scan a name like "Volume Spike Stocks" and save it. Then, I go over to my Advanced Get EOD, and pull up the "Search"routine, Click on box to the right of "Portfolio." This brings up a drop down box called "Portfolios." I hit "Data Paths" on the right. This gets me into another box the says what data formats are installed. To add TC2000 scans, click the "Add" box. This will bring up a list of Formats. Go down to TC2000. Click on it. (I have TC2000 v4 x Stocks) This will bring up the "Data Paths" menu. Mine says "TC2000 V 4X Stocks - All stocks in System" and it is highlighted. Now use the "Properties" Box. Another menu box comes up, it is called "TC2000 v4.x Stocks" and it has a menu called "List Name:" Mine is showing "All items in System." On the right , you can use the arrow to bring up your watchlist from TC2000. Go down to the watchlist you want and highlight it. In our example, I would go down to "Volume Spike Stocks" and highlight it and then hit "Ok." Your Watchlist should now appear as a data path. Hit OK. Now you are back to the "Porfolios" menu.
      Highlight "Issue List" and then hit "OK." When you back to the "Search" Menu the "Portfolio" should be "Issue List with today's date." Your Tc2000 watchlist is now in the Advanced Get EOD search routine. Now using the "Parameters" menu the box on the right you can start creating parameters you wish to search using Get. For example, Type 1 Trades, Type 2 Trades, XTL Breakouts....
      Search the eSignal database for threads about EOD searches and you will find information about creating these searches. Also, you will want to learn about "making portfolios."
      Good luck and ask if you need more help.
      Harndog

Comment

Hello ebellis5,

Could you be a little more specific on the troubles that you are having with getting it to run? Also, what version and build of GET are you using? Help - About will show this information.
        Mark

Comment

With the guidance from several responses to my original post, I finally understand the details and now have AGET working fine with TC2000 input. No thanks to any documentation from AGET folks.

Comment

Working...
          X