XTL Mystery Question on Argentina stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTL Mystery Question on Argentina stock

Yesterday on a stock on the buenos aires stock exchange market, the XTL showed a Black bar (after several blue ones) on a day that a stock made a little more of +12% and then close on +11.46 and an increae of the volume of 5 times the prvious
    with the eliott label on5/5/5

I had seen this happenning a couple of times before and i thought of it as a sell- off, is this interpretation correct?

the adr on the us market shoiwed a similar behavior (ticker is TEO), but with elliott showing a 5/5/3, and a jump on volume but nos as big as in the local market

Re: XTL mistery question

Originally posted by binder
    Yesterday on a stock on the buenos aires stock exchange market, the XTL showed a Black bar (after several blue ones) on a day that a stock made a little more of +12% and then close on +11.46 and an increae of the volume of 5 times the prvious
    with the eliott label on5/5/5

I had seen this happenning a couple of times before and i thought of it as a sell- off, is this interpretation correct?

the adr on the us market shoiwed a similar behavior (ticker is TEO), but with elliott showing a 5/5/3, and a jump on volume but nos as big as in the local market
    Binder
    No mistery at all
    XTL is ruled by a proprietary algorythm. Much likely it takes in considerations some parameters in order to define the " consistency and strenght of the trend" not only the fact that a price rise or fall.
    XTL is the son of a still efficient study , the JTI : test it and see .
    Even ADX is not influenced jyust by the rising or falling of the price: yesterady s6p had steep movement wit ADX below 19

Do not ask "how it works" . Just take for granted It works;
    TJ is such a brain that have it WORKS very, very well.

Marcus or others knowss more technically about it . They .-maybe-are in the position to add info. But , honestly should you be in their shoes would you do it?

One more thing: you say "Elliot labels 5-5-5" on what count type
    ? and much more important: how was the Oscillator per se and respect to the 80% bands?

This - IMH approach- counts more than the label . What counts is the Oscillator and the ratios among the waves pattern. That is the geniality of TJ , the Oscillator compared to the waves pattern.

Cordially
    Last edited by fabrizio; 01-10-2004, 11:15 AM.
    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

a confirmation is what im asking for

you misundesrtood me, im not asking for an explanation on how it works.

I have seen this pattern before and i wanted confirmation on my interpretation. I dont doubt the accuracy of the indicator

i have tought of this behavior as sell - off in the past and i would like feedback againt or for

you say" "Elliot labels 5-5-5" on what count type
      ? and much more important: how was the Oscillator per se and respect to the 80% bands?"

everything that could be sturated it is, but i dont quite follow what you mean

Comment

Re: a confirmation is what im asking for

you misundesrtood me, im not asking for an explanation on how it works.
        I did not misunderstood : I just added my consideration

I have seen this pattern before and i wanted confirmation on my interpretation. I dont doubt the accuracy of the indicator

i have tought of this behavior as sell - off in the past and i would like feedback againt or for.

If you follow the XTL approach in full , just the XTL approach and only the XTL BLACK means no position to take. You can take a position only after a break out ( color change ) with all the consequent rules (i,e. broken RTC , continuation trade on retrace inside the .386, first bar volatility to indicate the entry level and the stop level etc.))

you say" "Elliot labels 5-5-5" on what count type
        ? and much more important: how was the Oscillator per se and respect to the 80% bands?"
        everything that could be sturated it is, but i dont quite follow what you mean .

a)5-5-5 in normal count , short count , aggressive count, long term count; beside that Have you checked the Localize Elliot?
        That's what I mean
        b) The label alone count nothing if you do not match them with the corrispoettive Oscillator: normal counting with TJ Osc or 5, 35
        etc . A W5 is a W% only if the 5,35 show diverngence with the top of the W3. Otherwise simply is not a W5
        c) If the OSC pump up and brake the upper -or lower- band set at 80% means taht there is strenght and other things in the movement . if is flat , obviously not.

This is what I mean

I hope I have been helpfull and clear.
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

To be more clear follow those links : they will support you in education.
          http://share.esignal.com/download.js...id=20&folder=2 Trade Strategies&file=Lesson - Trading Strategies.pdf

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...older=Answered Questions&file=Good Wave 4.pdf

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...older=Answered Questions&file=Is it Possible to Anticipate A-B-C's.pdf

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...older=Answered Questions&file=Question-- Elliott Wave Help.pdf

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...er=&file=Brief Review of AGET Ellipse Study.pdf

http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?groupid=20 MARCUS GROUP

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...&file=Overview Of XTL.pdf
          Last edited by fabrizio; 01-10-2004, 12:48 PM.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Just for the topic below
            look at those
            http://share.esignal.com/download.js...folder=Elliott Oscillator&file=W5 Oscillator Example.pdf
            http://share.esignal.com/download.js...folder=Elliott Oscillator&file=wh3D022703.png no divergence yet
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

2 cents on XLT and OSc

Hi:
              I am just adding my 2 cents.
              1. Bar behavior creates the XTL and the oscillators. Everything apart from the bar data are second derviatives of price action.
              The bar action and volume is what is happening.
              It is very easy over analyze or get lost in what is the XTL doing or what is the Wave counts. These are tools to help you trade and if they do not support your trading don't use them. Also, if they are at odds with price behavior - stay with the price behavior.
              As speculators we are paid in price movement not for gussing if we have the proper Elliot Count.
              Also, in situation where you do not have clarity, pass on the trade. There is always another something to trade.

Harndog

Comment

Wise Words.

Words of a trader.

Traders are supposed to make money and survive.

Wise words

Ps: bet you and me : In my operativity : 1) Time
                2) Price
                3)Volume
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: XTL mistery question

Hi binder!
                  Yesterday on a stock on the buenos aires stock exchange market....
                  Out of curiosity, I would be willing to take a look at the stock you described (see below), if I can find the data? Are you looking at EOD Buenos Aires stock data? If eSignal data, what is the symbol, time frame? If EOD data, could you forward me a copy of your data file so I answer your question better? [email protected]. I spent two weeks in Buenos Aires about 5 years ago, have a very deep, strong love for Argentine people, for their beautiful capital city of 12 million who have had a tough economic time the last 5 years. I would like to review that market to see how much they have recovered.
                  Marc

Comment

xtl and Bs As stock exchange

Hi

you actually can see the ticker in esignal, the ticker of the ADR is TEO and has the same behavior.

I have interpreted in the past the situation as weakness anticipating a correction, depending on the wave count to expect the strenght of it.

the local market its unstopable, you buy anything and you cant loose , its uncanny, if you want to look at a stock look at PZE , its the most dynamic and the most cheap on a wave 3 that doesnt stop no matter what

If you ever come to argentina again drop me a line, im a partner of the local exchange so i can get you in and give you the 2 cents tour, except to the trading floor since im not a broker

Comment

Re: xtl and Bs As stock exchange

binder, buonas tardes!

You are correct, TEO, PZE, very attractive the past year! Another favor, could you give me a list of all the Argentina ADR's? I use to track a half dozen ADR stocks. If you give me a reminder, will take the symbol list home, analysis, post samples tomorrow.
                      If you ever come to argentina again drop me a line, im a partner of the local exchange so i can get you in and give you the 2 cents tour, except to the trading floor since im not a broker
                      If the company would be willing to send me on an education AGET tour to South America, will pack my bags, willing to leave immediately-- especially since you have summer now while we have cold winter here!!! I promised our oldest son if he continues to master Spanish, when he graduates in two years, we would consider taking him to visit friends in Argentina. You never know, we just might meet up someday!
                      Marc

Comment

argentinian ADRs

the full list is

APSA (REAL ESTATE- shoppings)
                        BFR (Bank)*
                        GGAL(bank)*
                        IRS(real state- soros use to have a big parton it)
                        LQU
                        NTL
                        MGS (natural gas)
                        PZE (the biggest holding mainly oil- bought by petrobras (brazil) and there is rumors of absortion)*
                        TAR (telco)
                        TEO (telco)*
                        TGS (energy)
                        TS (tenaris)

the most important, i have place a *

there is not much technical analysts over here, and most of them use the x thing, i know the president of the technical analysts association

but if you ever do a tour over here let me know in advance and ill try to make you an appointment with the first VP of the exchange, he is the man, the president is a puppet

Comment

Barrrbaro

entonces eso es : Argentina hoy es un mercado tan lindo como lo es el mas increibile pais del muendo y tambien las mas increibeles s mujeres.?

Hay, Ace mucho tiempo ( 1990-91 y 2 ) : che tiempo fenomenal : el boome economico, lo Chicago boys , lo ( ex ) amigo Domingo Cavallo , los muchos muchos amigos hermanos Gastaldi (hay que pena!!!!!). Tiempo que se fue'......

Me gusta muchissimo saber que il mercado financiero marcia bien : esta es la maravilha de Argentina e de un pueblo tan cerco de nos otros Italianos che son realmente hermanos e que JO siento concretamente asi .

Entoces mucho gusto senor binder .
                          Necessita de algo nos otros somos aqui.

Y gracias por las informaciones su los titulos che "marcian bien"

PS: En final , que pasa con Alpargatas Argentina e Santista ?
                          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Buenos aires exchange

well Fabrizio, you can do the math, the last impulse start on 661 of the merval index, friday was the max at 1199.03.

well i am 75% italian descendant, and a big part of the poulation is italian at some degree

ALpargatas was for a long time pure garbage, to buy that was the kiss of death, i know someone that buy for 10000 USD and now has 140 usd, there is rumors around the paper that could support a break out of the charts, but that paper

the big players can be in the near future as ADRs : PZE and GGAL (there is a rumor that tomorrow the agrement about its debt can be announced)

ANd the niggest local player , raymond james argentina, it taking positions on pze since december big time

Comment

Re: Buenos aires exchange

well Fabrizio, you can do the math, the last impulse start on 661 of the merval index, friday was the max at 1199.03.

well i am 75% italian descendant, and a big part of the poulation is italian at some degree

ALpargatas was for a long time pure garbage, to buy that was the kiss of death, i know someone that buy for 10000 USD and now has 140 usd, there is rumors around the paper that could support a break out of the charts, but that paper

the big players can be in the near future as ADRs : PZE and GGAL (there is a rumor that tomorrow the agrement about its debt can be announced)

ANd the niggest local player , raymond james argentina, it taking positions on pze since december big time
                              I spent a considerable time in Argentina and some of my best friend are there, in Buenos Aires, Cordoba . I was used to spent some times down in patagonia at Luciano's Benetton "land". My links to that part of the world are tight: I was just talking today with some italian people of the Doug Tompkins foundation in Chile and the story that lies behind it and the man . Which is an incredible and beautiful story. expecially for who knows Doug and care of Him.

I was asking about Alpargatas and Santista simply because I set up some deals with them both in the Brasilian and Argentinian side . But actually alparagats was really an old company: no matter they were on the course of hiring young supposed wiz . They actually never came to an end.

If you are old enough you certainly remember the failure of Marcos Gastaldi and his banco . We wer very good friends and I'm sorry for him as well as for many others that actually "pull ed too much the rope"

Well tonight thanks to Marcus and you I re-discovered a market .

Good sign. There is a path in everything.

The picture below is of Doug and his second ( thanks god) wife in their Chilean nature protected fantastic land.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by fabrizio; 01-12-2004, 11:56 PM.
                              Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                              X