XTL Continuation - Pearson's R below 0.90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTL Continuation - Pearson's R below 0.90

According to the "Ideal" XTL Continuation Type Trade , is it ok to enter a trade when the XTL breaks below the Trend Channels set from the last pivot, even if the Pearson's R is below 0.90 ?
    I added an example from today.. was wondering !

Thanks !

Dana Berliner
    Attached Files

As long as your Risk/Reward is still OK, you can enter the trade.
    Ron Wheeler
    Senior Seminar Instructor
    eSignal/Advanced GET

Comment

If you draw the TC for just the C wave from 12/16 to 1/8 you get an R value of .933. 1/13 is the breakout bar and 1/14 takes out the low as well as providing the XTL signal and the RR=3 target coming in just below the MOB. With PTI=36, wave 4 retrace < .6118, good Osc pullback, and the only negative is the break of the w4 red channel it looks like a good short!
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, you've got a nice looking setup there.. How'd you make those Auto Fib , Auto Mob etc. ?

__

Dana Berliner

Comment

Dana
          You can find them here
          Alex

Comment

Alex.. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I currently have Advanced GET EOD and was wondering if there is any way to incorporate those auto indicators or other EFS studies into Advanced GET EOD?

Comment

Biob
                No, you need the GET/eSignal integrated version
                Alex

Comment

Re: XTL Continuation - Pearson's R below 0.90

Originally posted by dberliner
                  According to the "Ideal" XTL Continuation Type Trade , is it ok to enter a trade when the XTL breaks below the Trend Channels set from the last pivot, even if the Pearson's R is below 0.90 ?
                  I added an example from today.. was wondering !

Thanks !

Dana Berliner
                  Let's put it in another way Dana.

What was "refrain you" to plan the short?

PJ shown you that the set up was very favorable to you.

Bu even without the PJ explanation and just staiyng on your chart, what in your "inner space" and in your whole picture analisys made you reflect too long on such an good operation? Were were you too much focalized on the value of RTC?

Cordially
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

it did look good to me , Fabrizio.. However, I'm trying not to "break" any rules.. and go for the trades that keep all the rules together, by the book .. those, theoretically at least ,will provide the highest chances of success...

Comment

Dana

Excellent and wise answer.

But Unfortunately going by the book 100% do not allow you to trade very much......

Beside that- if I am allowed- the parson's value is fairly important but not so much and you can accept it until .800.
                      What is important is the brake of a RTC adjusted in his STD .

Each trade is a loss: you enter with all the analysis perfect in paper but knowing that you - in same way- are wrong and he is right.
                      So focalize on the potential losses ( your stop is your gain) and let the market SHOW YOU ARE RIGHT.

Doing the reversal - "how much can I make"- rather than "How much can I lose"- brings a trader right down in the basement or towards losses that "leave a scar on the soul"

The desire taht all the trades will be a win , cause frustration since is impossible. Rtaher is with the failure that a trade ha sto cope: failure should teach and go.

Albeit scars are anyway necessary, for this is Hamburger Hill. No mercy, no prisoner: strange that soldier that in 10 campaign never got a oz. of lead somewhere. Or a Bike Racer that never fall down and broken some bone.
                      There is no perfect trade even going by the book .
                      The only thing a trader knbow for sure is how much will he lose.

Trading is different from charting: an analyst will never be a good trader. A good trader can be a fenomenal analyst ( see Marcus).

If you are scared to lose money, devote a lot of time to paper trading. That will give you the ability to awake your senses and see if your stats are fine. You 'll see, it works......

bye bye
                      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Sometimes you even can't tell how much you will lose , if the darn thing suddenly decided to gap above/below your Stop

Otherwise, Wise advices , Fabrizio! Thanks!

Comment

Geee, that was fast....
                          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                          X