Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is eSignal and how does it relate to GET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is eSignal and how does it relate to GET?

Someone wrote on 01-21-2004 08:06 AM:
    ... I am running a stand alone version of GET and came across the eSignal forum board, home page etc when I was looking for updates for GET. What is eSignal and how does it relate to GET?
    The eSignal business unit (eSignal) is the retail arm of Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC). Building on a 20-year legacy of delivering time-sensitive financial information, eSignal provides real-time market data and decision support tools to active investors. Defining the focus and direction for eSignal's development of its retail investor products and services, eSignal's goal is to become the leading one-stop service provider to active and professional traders.

Its preeminence as a real-time market data leader allowed eSignal to launch MarketCenter, a real-time market quote system that offers streaming stocks, futures and options quotes and includes news, commentary, historical charts, market statistics and a great deal more. Its affordable pricing, coupled with the reliability of eSignal's award-winning data, makes it an attractive product offering for the investor.

The company's flagship product, eSignal, is a leading real-time quote service that delivers continuously updating, time-sensitive financial data over the Internet to active traders' and individual investors' PCs or laptops. The software provides market quotes for stocks, options and futures, among others, as well as charts, news, research, alerts, back testing, a formula engine for developing chart studies and integrated trading to a choice of direct access brokerages, to the growing base of online investors.

The eSignal Market Scanner was launched in 2000. To complement the award-winning eSignal product and provide customers with added breadth, availability and choice of service and optimize their individual investment and trading needs, in 2002, eSignal added European data and launched advanced charting. More exchanges content is scheduled to be added.

eSignal's acquisition of Advanced GET allowed the company to add this product to its product suite and, subsequently, in the latter part of 2002, to integrate the Advanced GET Real-Time Studies and Advanced GET Scanner into the eSignal product.
    Marc

eSignal

Marc,

Is eSignal only real time streaming - does it also supply EOD data ?

If I changed data providers, do I need to junk my stand alone GET or can I subscribe to just the eSignal platform and data then integrate my copy of GET into the eSignal platform.

GET is quite expensive in Australia and I would not be keen to have to buy it all over again simply to get the eSignal features and EOD data stream.
    Regards
    Philby

Comment

e-signal !!!

I sent this to e-signal technical support and sales with no answer !!!

I just want to know if e-signal has price for the software or one just pay the monthly fee and then he can download the software and work ....

Can I load my old metastock files into e-signal software and view it or not ?

Thanks and appreciate your prompt detailed reply

Comment

nayzak,

the eSignal Real Time program will not accept your Metastock files that I am aware of. In light of cost, any Real Time program out there will involve a monthly or yearly lease type of setup. There is much more in the way of support involved with a Real Time program, so there has to be a continuing cost in order for the company to stay in business. The Advanced GET End Of Day program, however, is a one time purchase price. In addition to that, the EOD program will also accept Metastock data. I hope that helps to answer a few of your questions. If you have more, please let me know.

Nate McCartney
        eSignal Seminar Presenter
        Nate McCartney

Comment

Philby ,

eSignal is a Real Time program, using streaming data through the internet. To use eSignal with the Advanced GET Studies is a completely different format than the End OF Day program. End of day can be used with the eSignal data called the eSignal Wizard, but that differs completely from the eSignal Real Time program.

I am assuming from your post that you have the EOD program currently. You are able to use a variety of data providers to feed that program, including the eSignal Wizard. If you need more information on the data for EOD, you can email me at [email protected]. I hope that helps.

Nate McCartney
          eSignal Seminar Presenter
          Nate McCartney

Comment

To add what Nate shared,

Click on this to see a list of eSignals products and services.

Marc

Comment

To add to what Nate said,

click here to see the eSignal product price list page.

Marc

Comment

To add to what Nate said below,
                Click here to see Advanced GET Product Page.

Marc

Comment

To add to what Nate said below,
                  Click here to see upcoming eSignal-AGET training events.

Marc

Comment

Re: eSignal, AGET and EOD data, etc

Hi!
                    Originally posted by Philby-- Marc, Is eSignal only real time streaming - does it also supply EOD data?
                    eSignal has both real-time and EOD data.

I believe in the Spring of 2003 we introduced eSignal Wizard — a new data service that offers end-of-day data on all the markets eSignal supports currently, plus intraday access so you can fill in today’s data.

eSignal Wizard offers you full coverage on stocks, futures, options (quotes only), mutual funds, indices and some foreign exchange data.

One advantage of eSignal Wizard data, you don’t have to wait until the end of the trading day to update your charts; just refresh your charts with monthly, weekly, daily and 60-minute data during market hours, all day long.

If you would be interested in learning a little more about this EOD data, click here.

Marc

Comment

Re: eSignal

Hi Philby,
                      Originally posted by Philby-- Marc, If I changed data providers, do I need to junk my stand alone GET or can I subscribe to just the eSignal platform and data then integrate my copy of GET into the eSignal platform.... GET is quite expensive in Australia and I would not be keen to have to buy it all over again simply to get the eSignal features and EOD data stream.
                      No, you do not need to junk your existing AGET EOD version and repurchase AGET. If you are using the AGET EOD version, you can change your data provider to any of these following data formats shown below, which includes our newer eSignal Wizard format.

We are continuing to add exchange content in 2004, so you will find our data will be working with more and more exchanges world-wide, and it remains a very reasonable price.

It is also my understanding we should continue to do periodic updates to the AGET EOD version just like we have in the past which will include some of the newer platform features or enhancements.

We cannot add everything, such as the EFS functionality, because that is indigenous and unique to their eSignal platform.

Marc

Comment

EOD defaults to using eSignal Wizard for data download. What does the EOD scanner use for data? Is it possible to download EOD data from the RT feed? The charts have current info but the scanner doesn't.

Comment

Re: e-signal !!!

I loaded all my metastock v8 data into GET without any problems.

The only glitch I now have is that sometimes I want to check something in Metastock because GET doesn't have the option or test etc. When I load both programs up together and toggle between them, GET objects to grabbing the same stock data.

I think this is probably a Windows issue though - ie: simultaneous data file access.

Otherwise no problems.

Originally posted by nayzak
                          I sent this to e-signal technical support and sales with no answer !!!

I just want to know if e-signal has price for the software or one just pay the monthly fee and then he can download the software and work ....

Can I load my old metastock files into e-signal software and view it or not ?

Thanks and appreciate your prompt detailed reply
                          Regards
                          Philby

Comment

Metastock data

Also, I forgot to add that once I made the decision to concentrate more on GET rather than Metastock, I did not make any changes with my current data provider. As far as everybody is concerned they still provide the data download in Metastock format. I just pick it up in GET.
                            Regards
                            Philby

Comment

Hi pj909,
                              Originally posted by pj909-- EOD defaults to using eSignal Wizard for data download. What does the EOD scanner use for data? Is it possible to download EOD data from the RT feed? The charts have current info but the scanner doesn't.
                              It is my understanding the EOD Search feature reads whatever data format you have activated on your hard drive and is checked 'ON' in your EOD data format path. No, it is not possible to download EOD data from the R/T feed? It my be one of the limitations of delayed or EOD data.
                              Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X