Advanced GET Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced GET Scanner

Is there any functional difference between the Advanced GET Scanner integrated in eSignal compared to the Search function in the Advanced GET EOD stand alone system ?
    Regards
    Philby

I'm an EOD user so I'm sure one of the eSignal people is better equipped to answer but-

AGET EOD has a limited tool set of proprietary tools (XLT, MOB, etc) and some standard analysis tools such as MACD, RSI, etc. It has no programing capabilities, scans are based on what the AGET folks have made available to you.

eSignal GET is, if I understand, part of an integrated package so that you get the proprietary GET tools, regular tools such as MACD, RSI, and the ability to write your own "regression to the mean based on Fibonacci retracements" that you mentioned in another thread. I don't even understand what that is (actually I do) but I wouldn't even be able to attempt to code it.

One of the things I do is a Type 1 scan with a Regression Trend Channel option. What I cannot do is set the RTC Pearson number, so I must look at all scans meeting the break the channel criteria for a range of Pearson numbers from .1 to 1. I'd guess you could code it yourself in the eSignal version. Hope this helps and perhaps the ever faithful Marc R can add to or correct what I've stated.

The other obvious difference is the intraday versus EOD capability.
    Last edited by JackR; 01-29-2004, 08:52 AM.
    Jack

Comment

Working...
    X