Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHB -- thoughts on chart?

OK -- last one for today -- I promise!

So, here's a trade I've waited through for a month and I can get out for a small loss -- but, PTI is still OK and stop is not violated.

Any suggestions on evaluating early exits?

(p.s. Non-technically the 'company' seems solid and no news came out to cause this -- it looks like a standard failed cup/handle and could reform... Or, it could just keep going down...)

Thanks all!
    Attached Files

Thoughts on chart

Hi:
    It looks like a complex correction. You had the abc correction and you bought on the brake of the 6/4. The problem now is that the chart pattern is no longer clear. The price has broken down (this is the #1 indicator) and the XTL is black. The data is mean bias. My sense is that the stock will required a lot of time to resolve its issues. You might say the stock looks like it is going to sleep. It has reverted to it mean by breaking down and is forming a bracketed range.

Questions: What is your edge in participating in this stock?
    If you had no postion in this stock would you buy it here?

Your edge is that the PTI is holding and the price is above the 50% retracement. What is against you - time, price, and the osc is zeroing out. Unless this stock has some compelling fundamentals or a large dividend how are you going to get paid by participating in this stock?
    I am a speculator and if I have no edge, than I moved on. I get paid in price action and time. If there is no price action then I am sitting down at the table with no advantage. If the osc is just starting to zero out, then time is against me. There are other more promising trades.
    Harndog

Comment

Thanks Harndog -- great perspective on things.

I've got to find better trades...

-c

Comment

Working...
      X