GET Scanner / Charting Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET Scanner / Charting Questions

Last night I ran a scan for possible Type I buys (Daily)

Most of the Charts when referenced with weekly and/or hourly did not match up (at least to me), Daily looked like a buy while weekly and hourly looked like a sell. (The Wave channels were above W4)

Can someone point me in the right direction of looking for good entry/exit points, and possibly some good strategies using Elliot Waves and the other AGET tools.

I am looking to convert my current strategy to more technical analysis, my win loss ratio is currently at 55/45 and would like to move in closer to 70/30

Thanks...

You're right -- it's a rather rag-tag looking list of stocks. I tried doing a scan using the 'web browser' mode and that gave me a MUCH better list of TYPE 1's but the internal 'scan' window in 7.5 produced gunk. (Anyone at esignal know if there's a problem?)

Here's some that looked nice using the webbrowser mode:
    Q
    NXTL
    RHAT
    MSFT
    ORCL

None of these have triggered a buy yet -- but, technically, they look very strong for a buy in the next 1-3 days.

Here's one that looks like a good buy now:
    UPL

Even though it hasn't broken the 6/4, I like it when it's this strong and on a support (50-day) because I can set my stop for zero tolerance.

I'd still wait until the indexes stop correcting before I buy anything though. The S&P is begging to drop to 1100...

Hmm -- I ran another scan: QQQ showed up as a 'Breakout XTL BLUE' scan. That is so unplausible I'm thinking something must be wrong w/ the AGET Scanner...

As for strategies: Take a look at some of the last several posts. Most of them are pointing you to 'how to use aget'.

Best of luck!

Comment

On the hourly chart, what should the Elliot waves be set at, normal, aggressive, etc...?

Thanks.

Comment

Aggressive vs. Original?

You know... I've been back and forth on this but, personally, I think as long as you 'localize', it doesn't really matter.

You're probably better off w/ the Original but everyone I see seems to use aggressive. I haven't seen a difference in my testing as long as the OSC 5/35 sets up properly and you localize.

Basically, I do this by localizing to the last pullback to or near zero on the 5/35. I like 'original' because I like the look of round blue circles vs. red squares. (hmmm -- scientific).

Has anyone seen a manual on the other oscillators and how to use them instead of / in addition to 5/35?

Thanks all!

p.s. That UPL I mentioned sure went UGLY today! I guess that says: Don't violate the setup rules requiring a channel / dma line break...

Comment

Hi, I am new to AdvGet. What does "localize" mean?
          Thanks. Fred.

Comment

Localize

LOCALIZE allows you to tell eSignal/AGET where YOU think the Wave1/2 setup starts.

eSignal still makes sure it finds a valid wave1/2 combination but, it will start analyzing the waves from whereever you click.

(Select LINES->Localize)

I do this by looking at the 5/35 and localizing to the nearest pullback to zero / near zero. (When the oscillator goes flat)

An example of this would be w/ QQQ right now. QQQ is in a very long Wave that started in March 2003 and is labeled as a 'wave 5' currently.

The nice thing about localizing is: I can click on mid-december and create a new 1/2/3/4 wave sequence and use that as my basis for a type-1 trade vs. the count starting back in March 2003.

Fabrizio has lots to say about the importance of localizing -- I agree. It seems to be the ONLY way to really trade the waves and I think is overlooked in describing the uses for AGET.

Comment

I will look into localizing tonight, can i send you a PM if i have any troubles?

So if the Hourly chart and the Daily chart has reversed the wave channels, skip it and move on?

Thank you for your help

Comment

Daily/Hourly: It depends on your timeframe.

Fabrizio says a lot of good stuff --- so does Marcus / Harndog (and others!). Read all their posts. It's important you 'really understand' before you commit real money.

If I'm trading 60-Min, I'm looking for a DAILY trend in my direction -- not necessarily a wave 4/5 on daily. If I'm trading DAILY, I'm looking at WEEKLY trend.

It's great to find a 60/D that align on a Type 1. But, usually, you'll be in some other type of 60M buy. Like XTL Trend on D and Type 1 on 60.

If you're new -- I'd spend AT LEAST a week just 'studying' all this. Honestly! Then, use bar-replay to see if you can predict where / how to use AGET sucessfully. The indicators in AGET are misleading (e.g. it will happily label a wave 4/5 that is not even close to being one... use the oscillator and localize and use the wave4 channels and use the PTI...).

Finally: Start w/ megacaps. Look at stocks trading > 5Million shares per day. They will move more slowly and predictablty than smaller (< 1 Mill/day) stocks.

Finally-Finally: BE PATIENT!!! You -will not- find a good trade every day -- sometimes several days. When you start forcing trades you will blow them.

Good luck! And, feel free to PM.

Comment

Working...
                X