Bias Reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more ideas-- this one a good secret idea

From what you describe, it sounds like you have some good technique that works for you. That really is the most important thing. When something is working for you, just keep trying to enhance, refine it a little at a time. Eventually it gets to add up to great methodology.

But while you are at it, please do not give up on some of the AGET tools you may still be struggling with mastering. I promise you they someday you will finally come to be able to really utilize them more fully.

Let me give you one example....

Play with the 'Long' Ellipse setting on quick, strong pivot swings.... bet u it will become a favorite under certain situations! I tell you it works real well in some situations. You won't read this idea anywere else but here, guaranteed!!!

I had good people tell me to never use that feature, but I will tell you, it works.
    Marc

Comment

Thanks Marc.

I noticed dloomis is doing the woodie CCI stuff, right?

I should try his EFS out. I've built my own CCI tools but his look like something out of star-wars. Neat.

I assume the EFSes you are reffering to are all in the download area here?

Thanks -- I'll take a look.

-c

Comment

soylent,

I was thinking some more....

Check out the three Newsletters PDF's I posted at the Advanced GET User Group a while back. My one friend, Rex Takasugi, has some really good explanations how to use, for example, the CCI w/AGET a little better.

If you want some little tips and tricks of his, click here. Then go and load up the PDF files to read when you have time.
        Marc

Comment

soylent, forgive me, for yakking.... I could go on and on for hours...

I forgot one more tool I really like. It is Time and Price Squares tool! I know it can be a tricky tool, but when you have a weekend free sometime to just play with it, load up a chart. Then just play with the scale and different settings.

It just takes a while to experiment to find the optimal settings, but I tell you, when it works, it is so sweet!

Put it in "Training Mode." Back up the data to a key major pivot swing once you find a good seting. Advance the data a little at a time, and it will impress you as it bounces off the horizontal lines, or how it will sometimes pivot when it hits a vertical line.

AGET Time and Price Squares numbers I tend to use are combinations of Gann and Fibonacci. Occasionally a few other numbers are used just because I like them. My scientific friends scowl but, hey, it works!

The basics preferred are as follows: 5, 8, 13, 21 and/or 23, 34, 45, 55, 72, 89 and/or 90, 113, 135, 144, 180, 225, 233, 270, 360, 377, 610, 720, 987, 1080, 1440... and if higher values are needed these numbers are used: 1597, 1800, 2584, 2700, 3600, 4181, 7200, 10800, 18000. Other numbers I will kick around with using in some instances: 786, 315, 186, 107, 62, 35, .0472, .0764, 1.236 and 2.00.
          Marc

Comment

yes, check out the EFS's... good stuff!

Hi again!
            Originally posted by soylent
            Thanks Marc.
            I noticed dloomis is doing the woodie CCI stuff, right?
            I should try his EFS out. I've built my own CCI tools but his look like something out of star-wars. Neat.
            I assume the EFSes you are reffering to are all in the download area here?
            Thanks -- I'll take a look.
            -c
            I have met dloomis and got to know him real well. If he is behind it, I will guarantee you it is QUALITY! Dloomis is an outstanding person!

I saw several really good EFS things he wrote not too many months ago... I was really impressed with them, and what others writing EFS's are doing in that field.

Yes, definitely check it out when time permits.

Yes, all the EFS's are downloadable at eSignalCentral.
            Marc

Comment

good efs links

Link for Woodies CCI.... click here. (You will have to get approval to get in though.)

Check here for some EFS sites.

Maybe someone else can suggest other good information links.
              Marc

Comment

Thanks Marc!

I always enjoy your yakking -- please feel free anytime.

I've downloaded most of your articles / long threads on tool usage and made PDF's of them. Making a little 'Marcus shrine to trading'.

Perhaps I should put them all up as a download... hmm...

Thanks again,

-c

Comment

Re: more ideas-- this one a good secret idea

Originally posted by MR
                  From what you describe, it sounds like you have some good technique that works for you. That really is the most important thing. When something is working for you, just keep trying to enhance, refine it a little at a time. Eventually it gets to add up to great methodology.

But while you are at it, please do not give up on some of the AGET tools you may still be struggling with mastering. I promise you they someday you will finally come to be able to really utilize them more fully.

Let me give you one example....

Play with the 'Long' Ellipse setting on quick, strong pivot swings.... bet u it will become a favorite under certain situations! I tell you it works real well in some situations. You won't read this idea anywere else but here, guaranteed!!!

I had good people tell me to never use that feature, but I will tell you, it works.

I've been working through your suggestions -- thanks a bunch! I did play w/ the long ellipse -- you're right. Especially in a WAVE 4 on high volatility stuff (e.g. NQ) it's great @ picking 'the next next bottom/top'.

I found it definitely works better on the 60m or Daily time frames. I couldn't get a good reading of it on short-term (1m-5m) charts. But, you don't get that many strong pivots intraday.

Comment

Working...
                  X