AGET EOD and MetaStock data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGET EOD and MetaStock data

When trying to open a MetaStock datapath, I get a MSFL70.dll error. What does that mean? I have managed to locate the MSFL70.dll file in the FileSharing area but where do I put it?

Thanks.
    Roger

Roger

When trying to open a MetaStock datapath, I get a MSFL70.dll error. What does that mean?

It means that you do not have that specific dll which is required to read the Metastock data in the Metastock File Library format.

I have managed to locate the MSFL70.dll file in the FileSharing area but where do I put it?

Save it to the c:\windows\system32 (or c:\winnt\system32) directories. At that point AdvancedGET will be able to read that format.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks. It works great now.
      Rog

Comment

symbol limits

Does anyone know how many Metastock symbols Ad Get recognizes in one folder? i.e., does Get support metastock 7 (2000 symbols) or Metastock 9 (6000 symbols) in one folder. Or are we stuck with the OLD Metastock format of 255 symbols per folder?

Also, Get has 2 different Metastock data type:
        CompuTrac/Metastock and
        Metastock File Library

Which one should be used for stock, indices, and futures data?

Thanks,
        ben

Comment

Ben
          AdvancedGET EOD does support MetaStock 7 file format using the Metastock File Library data type.
          The Computrac/Metastock data type is instead for use with the older Metastock file format.
          You can use either data type but there is an obvious advantage with the Metastock File Library as it allows a greater number of symbols in the folder.
          Alex

Comment

Thanks

Alex,
            Thanks VERY much for your help. I've been learning a great deal about metastock and AD Get from reading over your MANY informative posts in this Forum.

Thanks again,
            Ben

Comment

Would I be correct in saying that Advanced GET does not recognise data in folders with more than 2000 symbols in them? At least that is my experience. It's not fully compatible with MetaStock 8 and I have to split my data into folders of not more than this 2000 limit.
              Thanks. /Harry

Comment

Metastock & futures contract name

Another issue I've noticed, when using Metastock formatted data for futures contracts, is that Get displays (in the upper left hand corner of the chart window) only the futures contract's name, e.g., "Gold (Dec)", as opposed to showing its symbol, e.g., GCZ4

Is this typical of Metastock data or am I seeing a problem with my Metastock data. I ask this because, when I was using data from CSI's Unfair Advantage, Get DID correctly display the future's ticker symbol?

Thanks, Ben

Comment

Ben
                  That depends on what is contained in the Name field of the data file.
                  In the first image below you can see that one chart displays 10yr Notes while the other displays the symbol. The images after that show the corresponding Metastock files viewed with the Downloader
                  Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Maybe it's time to bring AGET EOD uptodate to support the new MetaStock 8/9 >2000 SYM format. MSFL80.DLL?

Comment

I am using MetaStock formated data from Reuter Data Link.
                      When I quick load some of the index symbols (but not equity symbols), AdvancedGet do not response to it. In order to load the chart of the index symbol, I need to use a new chart and select the index symbol from the Issues Dialog Box.

Why?

Thanks!

Billmak

Comment

Roger
                        You may want to redirect your question/suggestion to eSignal as I do not work for them
                        Alex

Comment

Billmak
                          If I remember correctly Reuters Data Link index symbols are preceeded by a dot. Are you inserting that character before the symbol when you try to Quick Load indexes?
                          Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Yes, I insert the character dot before the symbol when I try to Quick Load indexes. The same problem occur for the continous futures symbol which begin with character "#".

Billmak

Comment

Working...
                            X