I uninstalled stand alone and now I'm crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I uninstalled stand alone and now I'm crashing

When I uninstalled stand alone I was prompted to put in XP sp1 disc which I've never had. No big deal I will download on line. Seems that I'm missing files now. What to do? Anyone have luck w/de-bugging programs like pc doctor or bug doctor? I think this may be problem rather new computer

You say you are crashing. Are you crashing at random or when you run some specific program?

I assume you've rebooted and that did not help. I suggest that you reinstall AGET EOD. It should not hurt anything.
    Then Reboot.

See if whatever was crashing still crashes. If everything runs then uninstall AGET EOD - BUT-----

Do not answer the "Yes to All ?" question you will be offered during the deinstall. Say No. Then answer the Yes/No questions on an individual basis. Say Yes to delete if the file to be deleted is in the GET sub-directory. Say No to any file that is in the Windows directory or the WINNT System sub-directory. ( I'm not at a Windows XP machine and there is a change in directory names between 2000 and XP).

Basically what you will be doing is getting rid of any DLL file that absolutely belongs to GET but leaving in those files that MAY be used by other Windows programs. Files with the DLL extension are small libraries of common routines that windows programs can use. That is, GET or Word or whatever needs a print routine - the print routine is resident in a DLL and can be called from the other program. By saying No to removing what may be common use DLLs but that in actuality only GET needs, you are taking up space on your hard disk that could be freed . However, If the DLLs are indeed used by other programs the reason for your crashes should go away.

Good luck.
    Jack

Comment

Keith,

I think Jack is right on the money. I tend to leave all DLLs as they are tiny files and don't affect performance if they are left and don't cause problems because they are not deleted. Just my 2 cents worth.
      Cheers!

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X