Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to use short/long term elliott wave settings and osc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to use short/long term elliott wave settings and osc.

When should I use the short-term, long-term or agressive elliott wave count settings? Also when should I use the 5,17 Oscillator vs the 5,35 or 10,70?

In general what settings work best for short-term 3 and 5 minute ES (spx emini) trades and what work best for short term equity trades?

This is a very quick quick answer to a very tough, excellent question. As a general rule always use the 5/35 Elliott Oscillator as a benchmark for any time frame when attempting to identify the traditional Type 1 or 2 setups. If you believe there still is potential in a winning trade, if you can no longer find standard ways of identifying a setup, look to the 'Long' alternate wave count for you last chance setup. If you are an aggressive person trying to get an edge or quicker confirmation try the 'Aggressive' or 'Short' alternative wave counts. Again, knowing the higher time frame can sometimes enhance ones wave count interpretation when there is synergy in wave structure. I think your question is so good, I am going to put together something in our Advanced GET User Group to answer this in much greater detail. As to your specific 3 to 5 minute question. I might focus just a little bit more on the 10/70 with the data bars tighter together to keep better perspective on the internal wave structure, but when trade anything lower than a 5 minute have the 15, 30, 45 and 60 minute charts all ready analyzed and ready to help keep perspective of the overall wave sequencing in progress, and do not depend on the oscillators on that short of a time frame for a primary trade trigger. That short a time frame the wave count changes are so dynamic it is often hard to keep up. That narrow of a time frame I have to use other things to improve the trade trigger. A 3 minute data bar represents what part of say an 60 minute wave count? It can be extremely hard to figure out. Another factor, trading a 3 minute depends on market conditions established for that day's trading action. Is it a trending day, a range trading day, or a reversal type day. Tools like TJ's Web Levels are one thing that comes to mind as a tool I can quickly use to offer guidance for that day. There are others such as Stochastics. Again, I really am going to try to further develop a more detailed reponse to this fine question in the coming weeks and will post it in the Advanced Get group.
    Last edited by MR; 02-28-2003, 06:42 PM.
    Marc

Comment

Working...
    X