No announcement yet.

When to (and not) use the AGET studies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to (and not) use the AGET studies?

Having studied the AdvGET studies in past month, I am struggling a bit with the following set-ups (KC U4 Sep Coffee is example):

After a strong uptrend market stalls and giving some neg divergences in momentum indicators like RSI, MACD. The AdvGET indicators however do not (for obvious reasons) give no sell signal. XTL remains blue until midway decline (benefit of hindsight), GET Osc gives no divergence but just collapses and GET False bar Stoch displays a Black Bar as it did just before the June rally (I often see black bars at times of best reversals!).

Obviously KCU was a great sale at ~8600. In recent weeks, KCU appears to be bottoming but again the Adv GET studies seem to display no buy signals. While traditional MACD, Stoch, RoC, Mom, Acc/Distr, OBV etc display pos divergence and seem to indicate a possible reversal.

Of course identifying good set-ups/entries is game of probabilities, but I noticed that these studies do not really work in comparable situations. Take for example, gold and silver in April (GC Q4, SI N4). (SI had a nice bear flag when XTL had just turned red).

Do others more experienced users have similar experiences? Should I use the AGET studies just for Type I and II setups or can they "reliably" be used for other situations?

I would really appreciate any advice, observations, comments on this issue.
    Many thanks
    Jeroen

PS. How do I attch proper sized advCharts?
    Attached Files

Hi bgold,

I'll respond shortly to the Advanced Get portion of your question. It will take some time to develop some screenshots to illustrate my points. I did in fact want to reply to your question regarding including full size images within the body of your post.

You may want to read through the following FAQ that discusses the process to include images within your post. When you get to step 3, you'll want to upload the images to your fileshare group rather than your local folder.

Once the file has been uploaded to file share, you can include it in the post by choosing the "IMG" button at the top of the text window. Just enter the url of the image in fileshare to the Explorer User Prompt. The image will then be included in the post for all to see.

Step 1

Step 2

Comment

Working...
    X