Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market sentiment data

Hello,

Does esignal provide any realtime/EOD data for market sentiment indicators such as:

Put/Call Ratios
    AAII/II Investor Sentiment
    COT data
    Rydex Bull/Bear fund levels
    Mutual Fund Cash levels
    etc.

If not, is there any plan to do so in the future and when?

Thanks for your response,
    Bing

Hi etrader,

I believe the Put/Call ratio is tentatively scheduled for eSignal 7.8, but it's not uncommon for some feature shuffling to take place, so I want to re-enforce the word tentatively.

In regards to the COT and other indicators you mentioned, there have been some requests for these in the past. While we don't currently carry these, the possibility of implementing them has been explored. I'll forward these to the Product Development team so that they can be revisited.

Comment

Hi Duane,

Thanks for your response.

Can you also pass this to the product development team as well:

1)NYSE traded products have changed alot recently with the addition of many bond funds being traded there as well, skewing the data of some of the equity indices, namely $TICK, $ADV, $DECL, $UVOL, $DVOL.

Is it also possible to have esignal provid in real time these same indices with the bond fund components netted out?

Thanks
      Bing

Comment

Bing
        This is such a good idea, even Linda Rascke says she has to trade differently because of the bond funds. It would be such an easy fix that would really help us out.
        Mark

Comment

Hi Bing, Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion, certainly we'll pass it along to be reviewed. I'm not so sure it would be an easy thing to implement. If I understand it correctly, we receive data on each of those from the exchanges. If so, just thinking out loud here, we would then have to combine all the prices from the items you want removed and subtract it from the feed we receive and provide the difference in real time. Not being a programmer, I have no idea if this is simple or not. Not being the product manager, not sure what type of priority this would be given.

How many bond funds are we talking about?

Andy

Comment

Hi Duane, Andy

Sorry for replying late.. i was trying to get some more info.

This was what i was able to find:

NYSe Composite Index is derived from about about 2040 or so common stocks. However, the Advance/Decline/TICK data being published by the exchange is derived from ALL issues traded on the NYSE - about 3500 in all, so about 1460 issues are included in the adv/decl/tick data, and many of which are interest rate sensitive and reflect more of want is happening in the bond, rather than the stock market.

Perhaps it would be easier, since we know what the 2040 issues are that make up the NYSE COMP, for esignal to compute adv/decl/tick data directly from the 2040 issues. Since data from these indices updata at a rate of 6 sec from the exchange, i'm pretty sure that within that time, there is more than enough processing power to compute these breadth indicators directly at esignal, from the underlying issues in any 6 second window period.

Comment

Hi etrader,

Thanks for the details on this. As Andy mentioned, I'm not sure of everything that is involved to make this sort of change, but regardless, I'll pass the information over to the Product Development team so that it can be discussed.

Comment

Hi Duane,

Ok, thanks replying. Please keep us informed of any such development.

Cheers,
                Bing

Comment

I would very much like to request the "COT" and "Rydex Bull/Bear" ratios as mentioned below by the other poster.

Shame I have to obtain them elsewhere. I f eSignal had them I could fully intergrate them into my trading system, rather than guessing by looking back and forth.

Comment

skylor,

I know that these have been requested in the past. I would like to suggest you send them to the Product Development Team at [email protected]. The Product Development team is responsible for tracking these requests. Sending the idea to them insures that it reaches those who can be of help.

Comment

Working...
                    X