time templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time templates

I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out how to load a time template on a daily basis for say the last 5 or 10 yrs on the S&P market. Everthing I try I can only get the last 6 or 7 bars. How can I get years of daily data? Thanks for any help. Bob

Bob
    You can do this in two ways.
    For example to load 10 years you would create a User Defined D interval and set it to either 3650 #Days or 2500 #Bars (this assumes approximately 250 trading days/year).
    In the image below you can see the result of each Time Template with the Cursor Window showing you the number of bars loaded in the corresponding chart
    Alex

Comment

I tried but, I still can't get it to work. Neither do I get a time stamp at the top left of my chart. Bob

Comment

Bob
        Could you post a screenshot of a chart making sure that there is no Snapshot or Cursor Window loaded
        Also can you describe the steps you take to create the interval in the Time Template.
        Alex

Comment

edit, new template, =user defined,interval D, #d 3650......update. Go back to Adv chart click chart options, time templates, monthly, click monthly on favorites. I'm not sure how to post screenshots. Bob

Comment

Bob
            The settings you defined for the D interval will apply only to a Daily chart, not to other intervals. If you want to load more Weekly or Monthly bars then you need to define also those intervals using W and/or M and setting the # Bars. To get 10 years of Monthly charts you would set at least 120 # Bars
            To attach an image use the Attach File section that can be found towards the bottom of the page in which you compose the message.
            Alex

Comment

I tried but, still not working. Bob

Comment

Bob
                Rather than posting inline images by using the IMG button try attaching it by using the Attach File feature that you will see when you scroll down the page in which you are composing your message (see enclosed image below)
                Alex

Comment

It says it is an invalid type of attachment.

Comment

Bob
                    What kind of file are you trying to attach?
                    Can you take a screenshot of your chart and Time Template using the eSignal Snapshot tool then attach that image (which will be in png format).
                    Alternatively just use the PrntScrn key on your keyboard and paste into any image editor (including Windows Paint) and save as jpg or gif.
                    Once you have done either of the above attach the file
                    Alex

Comment

this is a png file
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bob

Neither do I get a time stamp at the top left of my chart

The reason you do not get the description of the chart is because the text is the same color of the background
                        Right click the chart select Edit Studies and in the dialog box change the color of OHLC Background In Cursor Window
                        In this example I have set it to dark grey (top image) and the result can be seen in the chart below.
                        What is the symbol you are showing in your chart? My guess is ES U4 which will have a limited amount of data being the specific contract. Try using ES #F and you will probably see bars going back to 1997 ie when ES began trading
                        Alex

Comment

Thanks a million Alexis, I did get 7 years out of it using $SPX. Thanks for being patient. Bob

Comment

Bob
                            My pleasure and glad to hear it is working as it should.
                            Alex

Comment

Working...
                            X