HSI bid/offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSI bid/offer

I'm not seeing bid and offer data on an advanced tick chart for HSI U4-HKF. Thought it was my templates or something, but it's been going on a couple of weeks now.

-atlas

Hi Atlas,

I've been working with an Advanced Chart of HSI U4-HKF and I seem to be seeing the bid/ask data. If you could post a chart of what you are seeing or not seeing as the case may be, it will definitely help pinpoint what you are experiencing. Thanks.

Comment

I don't seem to have a problem with other futures.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is it possible the area of the chart you are showing is in the past - is bid/ask data available in the past or pnly on the current bar forward?

Comment

Hi dloomis. The same thing displays in real-time. Also, it should still show the data for recorded sessions.

atlas

Comment

Your settings look correct and off-hand, I can't think of any reason you wouldn't be getting bid/ask prices on that particular symbol. Have you tried creating a new chart, just in case that chart file is corrupted? How about trying that symbol in a Standard Chart. Does bid/ask fill-in there?

Here's what I have this evening:

I think the next step is to give Tech Support a call when it's convenient and let us more directly troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Comment

FWIW, I noticed that in the case where the chart works the chart and the edit study windows display the symbol plus - Hang Seng Index Futures. However in the case of the one that does not work, that part of the Symbol Description is missing. Could this be a different build number, different setup, preferences etc. Or does that have any relevance at all?

Comment

I guess I'm the lucky one, eh? Another problem: when I switch from a non-Eurex symbol to a Eurex symbol, no data comes up. I ctrl-click the Ok, nothing. I switch to a different period. Everything comes up. Now, every other period but the first one I used to bring up the Eurex symbol works. Also, Scott, time & sales shows the bid /offer but not the standard chart.

Comment

What eSignal version are you running?

Thx

Comment

I am running 653.

Comment

Restarted eSignal...everything is OK!!! I guess running eSignal for over two weeks is asking for trouble!

atlas

Comment

It's gone again. I restarted last night as I said. Bid/Offer were showing up. I came back today. Since I had not scrolled the screen containing the tick data for HSI yet, I assumed everything was still OK. I clicked the white arrow to scroll to the most recent data, immediately, the bid/offer disappeared and we are back to the same situation.

atlas

Comment

Please try restarting again and PM me with your username so we can see what servers you are connecting to.

If it keeps happening, try restarting to see if fresh connections resolve it each time or not. May also want to try opening a new Advanced Chart.

Haven't had other reports of this but we'll try to duplicate in-house and watch for this.

Thanks.

Comment

If this is customer service, I'm not impressed. Note: This is not directed at the kind informative people that offer advice on these boards.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I think at this point, it may be best to call the Technical Support department. The forums are great for posting code, exchanging trading ideas, asking questions and so forth, but some technical issues are often so specific to a users system, a resolution may involve talking to a live technician. We have several ways of accessing our support staff, the forums is one of them. I'm including a link to our support page where all of our support resources are provided.

Click here for eSignal support

Comment

Working...
                              X