Unwanted Labor Day ES & NQ Futures Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted Labor Day ES & NQ Futures Data

Hi, Is there any way I can suppress the ES and NQ data for normal market hours i.e 09:30 to 11:30 EST on labor day - 6th September 2004.

This was not a normal trading day and there is therefore no matching advance/decline or volume data (e.g.$ADD,ADDQ,$UVOL,$UVOLQ etc)

Consequently I cannot backtest using either ES or NQ data prior to 6th Sept with any efs indicators using advance/decline or volume as all advance/decline and volume data are transposed 2 hours forward against ES and NQ charts on every day prior to labor day.

Hope that explains my problem, to see the effect, try a 5 min chart of ES #F (time template 09:30 -16:00) with my simple indicator ADDind.efs (attached) and see what happens prior to labor day.

function preMain() {
    setCursorLabelName("ADD");
    setStudyTitle("ADD")
    }

function main() {

var vADD = getValue("Close", "$ADD");
    return vADD;
    }

Most grateful for any help on this

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coffin; 09-13-2004, 04:31 PM.

coffin
    Use the symbols with =2 extension (ie ES #F=2, NQ #F=2) as those do not include Labor Day (or holidays in general)
    Alex

Comment

Alex, thank you so much for the prompt reply and solution.

The answer is so simple that I'm almost embarrassed to have bothered you but I honestly searched for hours with no success before taking the plunge and posting my problem.

I still can't find anywhere that this is documented and I guess that I must be missing something obvious somewhere. Can you recommend anything I can read or places to search in future for solutions to problems like this.

Many thanks again

Jon

Comment

Jon
        My pleasure.
        In general the best places to search for information are the eSignal KnowledgeBase and the FAQ however I don't think this specific topic is actually documented anywhere.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X