Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPTIONS data 7.7ver

having one option symbol in a portfolio window with an alert set
    How does one edit a alert ?? I would like to think that if you are able to SET an alert you might also be able to EDIT it as well?

i have red alert that has gone off and when i click on the red in the portfolio window ( as I would if it were in a quote window) it brings up and edit position for IBM which is NOT even the underlying symbol of my option itself ......

Thank you ,

Michele
    You can either key Ctrl+A or click on the icon with a yellow bell that is in the main toolbar or select View->Alerts from the main menu. Any one of these actions will open the Edit Alert dialog box
    Alex

Comment

Hi Michele,

Here is how you can edit an alert from the Portfolio Window.

1. From the Portfolio Window, right-click on the option you wish to edit. Follow the menu and sub-menu selections as below.

2. This will open the Alert/Edit Status window. Highlight the alert you wish to edit.

3. Choose the Edit button and it will open the settings for the alert you have decided to edit.

Comment

OK i see how those can work thanks,

I jsut thought it would be nice to have the individual stock or option's alert come up without showing all the alerts , similar to what happens when you edit to clear out a shown red alert in the quote window or jsut plain want to edit a alert .

Comment

Hi Michele,

Being that the ability to edit a single alert from a Quote Window is already in place, the suggestion to allow a single click edit to the Portfolio Window would be a nice addition. There may be an engineering dynamic to all of this that I'm not aware of, but good idea nonetheless. I'll pass it along. Have a good weekend.

Comment

OK thanks you have good wkend too

Comment

Working...
            X