Question about Forex Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Forex Data

On the Esignal account Maintenance there are 3 Forex data feeds that I'm interested in:

1. GTIS Foreign Exchange Rates
    2. GTIS Garban-Intercapital
    3. GTIS Tullet-Tokyo.

Can you tell me what these data feeds are? Do any of them contain volume information?

Ron
    Ronald J. Alterman

Hi rjalterman,

The GTIS Foreign Exchange Rate is the basic subscription required to receive real time FOREX quotes. The GTIS Garban-Intercapital and GTIS Tullet-Tokyo are add on subscriptions to the basic FOREX exchange. You must be subscribed to the GTIS Foreign Exchange Rate before the add-on FOREX exchanges can be tied to your account. I don't have any additional information regarding the add-on exchanges, but in regards to the volume, you may want to read through the following article from our Knowledge Base. I’ll continue looking for some additional documentation regarding the add-on exchanges and reply back to this thread as soon as I know more. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Thanks, Duane, but that really doesn't help me. When I subscribe to a futures exchange I know that it gives me access to data for specific symbols. For these Forex subscriptions there is no mention what the data is. I can't tell what it is from the esignal doc. I know some Forex data does not come with volume information (ex. I can't get volume from my broker), so that's what that question was about. I have read the item about Forex volume being similar to futures volume and that's fine. So what are the three data feeds? Which data feed have volume (all, some?). The esignal doc talks about the number of data sources being merged to create a better data source. That could be good or not so good. The important thing is that the quotes match my broker. For trading, consistency is much better than accuracy.
      Ronald J. Alterman

Comment

Hi Ron,

As Duane indicates, GTIS is the basic package you need to subscribe to for Foreign Exchange quotes. The quotes sent via GTIS (bid/ask updates only) are from banks and contributors across the globe. Tullet and Garban are two of these contributors but they both require an additional service fee to be included in the main GTIS feed. So...if you take just the GTIS service alone, you won't see bid/ask updates from Tullet or Garban. Add either or both, and their respective updates will be included.

Since GTIS is providing bid/ask updates only, there is no volume associated with this information.

Here's a list of Forex quotes provided by GTIS.

Also, here's a helpful KB article on our Forex data in general.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X