It's Not Thanksgiving Day in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not Thanksgiving Day in Canada

Why did eSignal shut down the symbols realtime datafeed from Canada on U.S. Thanksgiving Day? It may be Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., but not in Canada, where the TSX continues to trade today. No Stock datafeed examples: ATY-TC, TLM-TC, CMT-TC, WTC-TC, CNQ-TC, SU-TC. Meanwhile, eSignal left part of the data pipe flowing because I am getting realtime data for $TSX-TC, which is the index.

Looks like someone stopped munching turkey long enough to check these posts. I started getting realtime datafeed for the Canadian TSX about 11:00 ET, 1.5 hours after the opening bell.

What does eSignal intend to do to ensure such a problem does not happen again? I suggest that eSignal starts by checking holiday schedules of all countries for which realtime data is provided. If you sell the service, you service the sale.

Please reply.

Comment

Hi,

Please accept our apologies for the issue this morning with the Toronto Stock Exchange. We experienced an outage from 06.30 to 07.55 PDT due to a problem in our US ticker plant.

The situation has been resolved now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

@Grant, thank you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience experienced yesterday regarding the Canadian markets. A holiday file used for our system to recognize regional holidays failed to load properly. Our alarm systems did recognize the absence of data at 5:53PT, but we were unable to restore services until 7:55PT. We are reviewing our procedures for holiday issues to ensure nothing like this ever occurs again.
          Strongest apologies for the outage. It won't happen again.

Lee Ray
          Director of Operations
          eSignal

Comment

@ Lee Ray, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X