Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from Elite - Possible Eurex lags at opening

From Elite:

I'm afraid I have to reactivate this thread because eSignal is causing me headaches again. I'm trading EUREX products (DAX & ESTXX Futures) and there's a LAG between eSignal & IB of about 3-5 seconds at the open of the market (0900 CET) that lasts between 10-15 minutes. Then the quotes are synchronised again for the rest of the day (except for minor discrepancies from time to time). This problem has been addressed a few months ago when I first openend this thread and at that time eSignal reacted quickly to correct the problem. Please do it again now and STABILISE your EUREX feed for good.
    laocoon,

Thanks for the report. Asking around the London office, we have not had any other reports of lags recently and when we've had issues with the DAX in the past, we usually got immediate feedback from users.

I wouldn't think your workstation would be the problem but I also wouldn't rule it out yet either; especially if other eSignal users aren't seeing the same lags you are. We'll report the problem to our QA team and we'll keep an eye out for delays during the time you specify. If others are seeing the same issue, please reply to this thread.

You may also want to test your workstation by opening a new layout with as little on it as possible. Also get rid of any other apps running at the same time...just for testing purposes. If the lags persist, then give our London team a call while the lags are present and let's compare systems.

Thanks.

Follow-up:

Still not hearing or seeing any other reports of this issue but, just in case, we do have engineering looking into the situation and replaying the data. If we uncover a problem, we'll update this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Update

Engineering reports some signs of increased traffic at the open and possible congestion. We are increasing the throughput tomorrow evening and the changes should be in place before the Euro markets open on Thursday. Please re-test on either Thursday or Friday and let us know if your situation changes.

Thanks.

Comment

Follow-up:

How did the Eurex feed perform at the open for you on Thursday and Friday? Please let us know. Appears good from what we can tell.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X