Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSE Closing Prices Query

Hi

I have been comparing LSE EOD closing prices from ESignal and comparing them with other data sources and saw some discrepancies. I have been looking at Yahoo, MyTrack and Bloomberg.

MyTrack and Bloomberg are agreeing, Esignal and Yahoo are normally the same.

E.g. for PSON-LON for 2nd Dec 2004 ESignal has 614.66 which agrees with Yahoo. Bloomberg and MT have 619. The London FT Newspaper has 619 and this is also what is shown on the LSE website for that day.

Can you let me know how you derive the closing price in the UK ? Is it the official closing price, if so why the discrepancy ? Or is it the last automatic trade or something like that ?

Thanks

Stew

We're looking into it and can hopefully provide some definitive answers w/in a few days.

Thanks.

Comment

This issue is still being investigated by our QA team. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Here's what we've learned thus far:

We are using the official closing price from the LSE and, as a result, we should match the LSE site.

We have seen cases where we are getting transmissions with varying trade types that overwrite the existing official "last" price. We are working on our coding to prevent the overwriting but they are sporadic and we have not completed our work as of yet.

Long term, we are rolling-out a new record type that will support more fields and provide users with two distinct fields (Last and Official Close). Hope to have that ready in mid 05.

Please continue to post specific examples when you come across them and we'll research to make sure we're doing what we can to keep the data as clean as possible. For those of you that have compared various feeds, I'm sure you'll agree that keeping the data consistent is far more complex than it would seem on the surface.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X