Symbol Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Count

Today I happened to get error I was over my symbol limit. I wasn't sure where it was coming from but I did find it was a open option chain that evidently was flooding my count. What is esignal's policy? I had trouble finding the window and if it happens again I dont want my account to be adjusted and charged to have more symbols.

Is there a certain number of times this error of excede symbol count will auto my account for increased symbols?

I tried reading the knowledge base and couldnt find anything.

thanks,

Hi Enlighten,

When a user reaches their symbol limit, eSignal pops up with a message that that threshold has been reached. With that said, hitting the symbol limit does not have any monetary affect on your account. In the case of Option Chains, you can save the symbol count by switching to a Snapshot mode. By clicking the D and S you can switch between the two views. The Snapshot mode updates in real-time, but requires a manual refresh of the window. The Dynamic mode updates all the symbols in the option chain in real time without a re-fresh. The Snapshot mode is considered more economical in regards to conserving the symbol count.

Here is a short article from our Knowledge Base that discusses the two modes in more detail.

Comment

thanks Duane,

I thought the message said also that esignal would adjust the count at night or something like that is why I was asking. I had lots of windows opened and didn't realize where it was coming from.

So if by mistake you go over limits any number of times the account will not be adjusted ?

Am I understanding this right?

thanks,

Comment

Enlighten,

You are correct. There is no automatic adjustment to the account when the symbol limit is reached. The only time an adjustment is made to the account is when the user utilizes Account Maintenance or speaks to a Customer Service representative to increase the symbol limit.

Comment

ok thanks
          i understand it now

sorry to be a pain......

Comment

Working...
          X