Real time data feeds via satellite ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real time data feeds via satellite ?

is there anybody getting real time data feeds using Esignal via satellite feeds?
    how is it working?
    is it a good alternative to a slow DSL connection ?

Hi,

Hopefully some users will chime in with real-life experience but I can tell you that we have customers using both Direct PC and Starband, both satellite-based internet services.

Here's a KB article that discusses various internet options, including the use of Satellite.

Thanks.

Comment

I've been using eSignal with Direcway for 2 years. As for the bandwidth, Direcway is perfectly acceptable, and quotes are received timely. Also, Direcway has a FAP(Fair Access Policy) that limits your bandwidth if you download a significant amount of data (I'm not sure what the exact FAP parameters are). However, I never hit that threshold, and download tremendous amounts of data. I routinely have 300+ symbols connected (all of the major, active contracts and stocks), and I literally never hit the FAP limit. Yet, there is one major problem for me. That is the reliability of the Direcway system. I live in western Wisconsin, where I receive lots of snow, and thus, the system tends to be down rather frequently. That is obviously not acceptable. Because of this, I have a T1 scheduled for installation on Feb. 9. But for you, if your connection is reliable, I don't think you would have any other problems running eSignal with Direcway. I hope that this post helps you out.

Comment

i am writing from Italy and i dont use Direcway
        , how much KBYTE/sec can u download with Direcway?
        i read FAP level for home user is 169 MEGABYTE...doing some math is about
        6kbyte/sec.( about 300kbyte per minute..
        about 20 megabyte per hour..)
        .that woulb be ok also for my slow performing italian dsl connection,
        but downloading stock quote is not equal to web surfing , because i just stay in front of my pc gazing at the monitor and that is not surfing,
        that is multicasting...

Comment

Fnn Signal Box

Hello,

I have the white-coloured FNN Signal Box (with memory feature) that had the dual FM Signal and Satellite Signal rear plug-ins.

Are there any locations (i.e. Chicago, New York) that still transmit FM 9600 baud data? Can this Signal box be used in a satellite subscription service? I was told that you have to subscribe to C-Span using a K-Band dish. Could someone provide me details on the model number of the K-Band dish? I used Tradestation Prosuite 2000i before the FM Signal service was discontinued. Any idea on the subscription fees with this box?

Is the FNN Signal box a 'dud' ?

Comment

Hi fmsignalman.

Thanks for the nostalgic memories! Don't get too many questions about our old hardware anymore.

All 9.6, 19.2 and 56k networks were retired early last year. Those technologies simply could not keep-up with today's trading activity. We now provide internet-based or private connectivity (for Corporate customers) solutions only.

Those boxes worked extremely well in their day but are considered obsolete now. If you want to use eSignal and TS2000i together, you can do that. This KB article gives you the basics and points you to other reference material.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X