data downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data downloads

I would like to download data, for the moment just historical daily data, to a comma delimited file for a list of stocks that will probably grow as I test more.
    I understand that there are packages that have many nice bells and whistles, but since I just want the comma delimited file I am looking for something simple.
    I could work with the documentation for an a documented interface and write my own little program, but I am hoping that someone has already done this and it has been posted, but I simply have not been able to unearth it.

Thanks
    Mark

partial answer but still need a reference to the programming interface

I have been informed of the historical data in the traders toolbox, which will be a start.

However to do even somewhat rigorous testing and optimization of a trading strategy one would like a large number of different stock's data.

Has anyone solved this problem or tried to do this?

Surely there must be programming reference to the DDE interface besides the bit on Excel!

Comment

Hello Mark,

The DDE interface for eSignal is made specifically for Excel and not intended to work with any other application that uses DDE to obtain data. Based on your requirements, I would highly recommend trying out QCollector. I know many satisfied users of this product; just take a look at the testimonials if you need more feedback.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thanks for responding. I would like to program my own. Is it possible to get the api to do so?

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X