Forex data feed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex data feed issues

I trade forex and currencies using several time intervals. I noticed that price data is not in the conventional forex currency pair format and that the large variety of contributors are causing problems with bad tick.

I'm interested in knowing how close to real time prices eSignal will be FX prices on my computer. Do users find the delays is 5, 30, 45 seconds, or 1 to 5 minuties etc?

I'll be doing totally automated trade execution 24 hours per day so I will not be able to call etc. I've already got comstock and fcxm feeds but neither typically delivers consistently delivers a matrix of forex prices that is updated to the last few seconds or even within 1 minute.

Is there an eSignal service available in a high quality standardized format for forex traders? If not my next step if an API that will grab and append live prices from IB on the fly.

Finally, is there anyone else already doing this process to generate both historical and live forex prices?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no significant delay between when the banks publish their quotes, send them through GTIS (our Forex provider), and when we send the data out from our servers.

but neither typically delivers consistently delivers a matrix of forex prices that is updated to the last few seconds or even within 1 minute.
    That surprises me. What are these feeds doing, and what is the delivery method (through the Internet, Satellite)? This will help better assess your possible experience with eSignal.

To truly tell if eSignal will meet your needs, I would suggest taking advantage of our 30-day risk-free trial.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Working...
    X