Split Adjustment (for EXPE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Adjustment (for EXPE)

EXPE split on March 11. The daily Adv chart shows this split, but any intraday chart I open does not.

I would hope that eSignal makes this change automatically - is that the case?

If not, what do I need to do for the change to occur? I've deleted any saved EXPE charts, thinking that maybe the old saved data is preventing the new data form appearing, but when I open a new chart for EXPE, still the old data.

How do I get the correct data?
    Thank you

I would hope that eSignal makes this change automatically - is that the case?

Yes that is the case. Sometimes though a split may go undetected in which case you can notify eSignal on this forum - just like you have already done - or at [email protected]
    Alex

Comment

EXPE still not split adjusted

Alex, unless the $35 gap is correct, EXPE prices are still not split adjusted. EXPE is not a small stock, either in terms of price, market cap, or average volume so I am surprised this error is still 'undetected' in the intraday Adv charts, a week after the split date. Haven't other traders mentioned this?

Per your last reply, there is nothing I should be doing at my end for this correction to occur (correct?), so can you please initiate this?

Thank you

Comment

shaeffer
        I can pass the info on to eSignal on your behalf however for future reference you may want to keep a copy of the email address I provided in my reply.
        Alex

Comment

eSignal can not adjust for splits (intraday)

Hi Alex, I sent an email to techonline and couldn't believe the answer, so I used LiveRep. They tell me that eSignal does not have the ability to correct intraday data for splits.

Adjusting for splits is something I would never have thought to check for when I was evaluating eSignal's software. Like after buying a car - "Oh, you wanted a gas tank too? Sorry, we don't provide that".

They need to forgot about the icing for a while, and focus on their cake.

So now I have to figure out how long I can't daytrade EXPE before the intraday indicators become accurate. 200/7 bars/day = over a month before a 200 MA will be accurate on a 60 minute chart of EXPE

I truly don't beleive it If you hear anything different, please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

shaeffer,

I can confirm this. We currently split adjust daily charts and up only. Here is an FAQ that covers this topic.

With the increasing amount of intraday history becoming available soon, we recognize how important it is to have split adjusted intraday data. Please know that this is a priority for us.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Will Await the Fix

Jay, thanks for the response. It's good to know it's a priority, as many traders specifically trade splits. Though I don't personally trade splits in particular, EXPE is one of my favorite stocks, which I've now had to abandon until the intraday indicators (studies) become accurate again. Too bad, 'cause it's gone from $33.50 to $52.50 in the 7 days since the split.

Although many of the shorter term studies should correct within days, and even faster when viewed in smaller intraday periods, core indicators such as gaps, trendlines and support/resistance lines will be off indefinitely (on an intraday basis).

It doesn't seem right that I'd have to go to bigcharts.com to get this info, then input to my esignal charts. But, you've said this is a priority, so I'll await the 'fix' patiently, and just not follow stocks that have recently split.

Regards
              shaeffer

Comment

Working...
              X