Delays in Getting Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delays in Getting Quotes

For the past couple of weeks I get periods where quotes are delayed anywhere from 3 to 20 seconds compared with the feed I get from IB. I called tech support, which didn't provide any answers except to tell me that maybe all of my charts and quote windows were corrupted (!) and telling me to log out and back in again. I can see this happening once in a while, say with a bad router somewhere, but this has happened three times this week, the last time about a half hour ago.

My system is over spec, I have a very fast (> 3 Mbit/sec) internet connection, and my CPU activity averages about 20%, with peaks of around 50%.

I haven't had anything like this in the past 2 years I have been with ESignal.

What is going on here?

There is an issue on a subset of servers that can have delays during peak periods. Clients that are enabled for delayed data or certain international exchanges (EUS, HKF... i.e. 3-lettered suffixed exchanges) are affected by this issue. Our engineering teams are working on correcting this issue as soon as possible.

One possible work-around is to temporarily remove the offending exchanges from your account, and you should be redirected to unaffected servers.

We apologize for this inconvenience, and will do our best to get this solved as soon as we can.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

OK, but I am not using international or delayed data. So am I still being affected by the problem being worked on or do I have another issue?

Comment

Buhrmaster,

I currently show Eurex US (EUS) on your account, and that is one of the exchanges that will push you to the affected servers. If you are interested in removing this exchange from your account, please visit Account Maintenance or feel free to PM me directly to confirm this.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

I am not viewing any contracts using that exchange at the present time, so I still don't see how I am affected by the problem being worked on.

Comment

The routing to different servers is done at the server level based on what you are subscribed to (as opposed to what you are currently viewing.) Since you are subscribed to Eurex US, you are being routed to the affected servers just in case you request the Eurex US data. By cancelling that exchange, you would no longer have the requirement to go to the affected servers, and thus would not be affected by this issue.

If I can help further, please let me know.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

I removed EUREX-US from my subscription but it won't be removed completely until 2/11/05. Is there anyway that you can jettison it immediately so I can connect to the working servers?

Also, please notify me when the server problem is fixed so I can add EUREX to my subscription.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi buhrmaster,

I've sent you a Private Message regarding this issue. Let's communicate through that medium as it pertains to specific account information. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, Duane. I appreciate your help.

Comment

The delays continue!!

This morning with EUREX-US gone I should be pointing to a new set of servers. I am getting delays on ES H5, 6E H5, and ZB H5, all delays of about 6 seconds. When the market moves the quotes can be several ticks apart. and this is in a slow market.

Comment

Buhrmaster,

Looking at the account connections, it appears that you are still connecting to the server that was causing the earlier issue. Because the World Indices bundle is on the account, it is pushing your connection to those servers. Let's talk about the specifics of how to approach this through PM.

Comment

Just to provide a further update on this issue, our engineers continue to work on a fix for this issue. The best work-around remains that we can temporarily alter your account to force you to unaffected servers (see below for more details on that.)
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Hi JayF

I was also affected by this issue today (I trade the DAX futures). What can be done to correct it?

Thanks

Comment

Hi laocoon,

If you could Private Message either Jay or myself with your eSignal username, we can look at the account and make the mentioned changes to help get this resolved. Thanks.

Comment

Hi DuaneG

I sent you a PM. Could you make the necessary changes?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X