Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck happened to mini-Russell ticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck happened to mini-Russell ticks?

There's such a big discrepancy between eSignal's data and my broker's data. The price wasn't moving much on, but on my broker platform, the quotes were moving substantially.

AT one time the discrepancy was 15 ticks!!! (That's 1.50 points, or $150.00 dollars!)

I restarted eSignal 3 times, and still I kept getting the same bad quotes.

I ended up missing a great move this morning because I didn't know which one to follow.

Esignal, this is plain UNACCEPTABLE! Not when you charge $150.00++ every month for your data. I'm thinking of just using my broker's quotes and go with a dumb charting front-end.

Can somebody please explain this?
    Attached Files

wavetrader,

As mentioned in this thread, there was an issue at the CME this morning that caused several vendors to receive severely late data. During this time some brokers were not affected due to the internal Globex routing set by the CME. While we haven't received all the details from the exchange, we have been informed that they are looking at the cause and possible solutions.

Comment

Possible solutions? LOL Do like Citigroup did yesterday and allow all losing trades due to bad quotes to be busted.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
        wavetrader,

As mentioned in this thread, there was an issue at the CME this morning that caused several vendors to receive severely late data. During this time some brokers were not affected due to the internal Globex routing set by the CME. While we haven't received all the details from the exchange, we have been informed that they are looking at the cause and possible solutions.
        It would be nice if you can create a pop-up window that comes up within eSignal that tells us, your clients, there is an issue with data or something like that, instead of us getting the news after-the-fact , and only if we open up a browser window and log on to this forum. I'm sure that would not be too hard for you to do, instead of us just wondering what is going on.

It doesn't even matter if you don't have the complete details yet, just as long as you give us an indication that you are aware of the problem and that you are doing everything you can do get to the bottom of it - you can also add the words "we apologize for this inconvenience" or something like that. That way, you come across as having some sort of concern for your clients' interests.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi wavetrader,

Thank you for the comments. I definitely like the idea of the system alert window. We are currently at looking at ways in which we can alert clients in the quickest and through the most efficient means possible. As we come closer to that goal, we'll pass the information along to insure that all clients have that resource at their disposal.

In regards to your second point, I agree wholeheartedly. While in this case, the issue stemmed from the exchange, we are firmly engrained in the belief that when one of our clients has an issue, we need to respond with every resource available to alleviate that problem; regardless of where the issue begin. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused and look forward to working with you going forward.

Comment

This seems to be an ongoing issue as when Fed book came out, data was slow. Its very frustrating to see broker price data streaming seamlessly and esignal to be seriously lagging.

I think the exchanges have found the Achilles heel of upstairs traders - slow our chart data feed and we either have to blindly submit orders hoping we are right, leave stops, which are executed mercilessly or step aside and allow market makers to returnr the markets to where they were 10 years ago, when only a primary market maker knew where the prices and order flow are,

esignal should honor their commitment to its customers and either ask the exchanges to explain why they wont increase their data pipes to allow seamless data flow, or simply throw a pop-up up on our screens and say slow data - DONT TRADE, PRICES ARE NOT VALID.

Comment

Working...
            X