Critical Loss Of Forex Data ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Loss Of Forex Data ?!

Started eSignal to do some Forex research over this weekend, only to find that NO Daily or Weekly data is available for any of the major currencies !!!!!

This problem applied only to the above mentioned time compressions, and not to any lesser timeframes. Of course, NO mention was made in the System Status page of this issue.

This is a critical loss of data feed. Any answers and/or plans as to prevent this from happening in the future ?

Wolraad

wolraad
    Just logged in eSignal and downloaded daily and weekly charts for any of the forex symbols (as an example you can see EUR and JPY)
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex,
      Yes, the Daily and Weekly charts now are back. However, for a period of about an hour - up to the time that I posted my messgae - the Daily and Weekly charts remained totally blank. I looked at the Bar Editor, and there was no data in there.

Could this perhaps be some server issue ? Or is there some other reason why I would see every compression I chose - except Daily and Weekly ?

Wolraad.

Comment

wolraad
        Intraday and daily (or higher) data are stored on different servers so it is possible that you were not connecting to the History Servers (ie those that store daily, weekly, etc data). Sometimes restarting both eSignal and the Data Manager resolves the issue.
        Alex

Comment

Alex, as always - thanks for your prompt replies.

I will keep your advice in mind for next time I see such a problem.

However, if for instance there was a problem with the Daily/Weekly server, would this be reflected on the System Status page ? Alternatively, are these servers subjected to routine maintenance, and if so, is there anyway for us users to establish when this would be the case ?

Regards.

Comment

wolraad
            The fact that you could not connect at a certain time to the History Server does not necessarily mean that there is a problem with the server. There could be any number of issues between you and that server at that time and someone else could very well be connected to the same server from a different location.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X