premium news feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premium news feeds

Anyone out there NOT seeing economic news releases under DJ news? I have yet to see consumer confidence and home sales (they all used to show up under n/hot)...

Justin

Jerico,

I was able to get both of the news items you referred to.

Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay -

Thanks for the reply. All of this data used to be fed through the Dow specific 'n/hot' category. It's a bit of a hassle to set up a keyword search for every economic indicator out there. I still don't see any initial headlines for the durable goods report either, just a summary of the data time-stamped 10 minutes after the report was released.

Also - check out the category 'n/ge' (Germany, where the IFO survey was released in the moring). I can see summary headlines about the IFO report (the ones that don't mention any numbers). When I click one of them, there's a breakdown of each individual headline (ie "...IFO down to 88.1..."), followed by the story itself - although those initial headlines (with the 88.1) don't show up under 'n/ge' and 'n/hot', although they used to.

I guess what I'm asking is - did DJ news change their distribution somehow? Or, do I have a setting wrong somewhere? This info is important to see as it is released, which is why I paid for the premium new package. I never had any problems before though- mostly just relying on 'n/hot' to see all these numbers, which is odd.

Thanks,

JC

Comment

In looking further at this, we have had reports of similar issues with the DJ service. Our Network Operations Team is investigating whether we are recieving everything Dow Jones is sending us, or whether changes were made to the service. More information to follow as we receive it.

Thank you for your patience.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Ok Jay -

Thanks for the reply and checking things out. Let me know if I can give you any more info.

JC

Comment

another example

Hi Jay -

Again, there is no personal income/spending showing up in n/hot or n/eco on the release time of 830am EST this morning. There's a summary story though, but it came out at 8:36am EST. Even a keyword search of 'personal' doesn't show any headlines for 8:30am.

Regards,

JC

Comment

Thank you Jerico. I have passed the additional information over to the persons researching this issue. We are making progress on this problem, and once I have further details, I will post them here.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

I apologize for the delay on this Jerico. I continue to work on finding more details about this problem.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Missing Headlines today as well - any updates?

Hi JayF,

Any new updates on this issue?

I experienced the same problems today with the Real Time Dow Jones Headlines service.

The Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization reports came out at 9:15 AM EST, but the headlines were not displayed at all.

Do you know what's going on?

I subscribed to this news service just to know when these economic reports are actually released. If this is going to be a recurring problem, it would be helpful to know so that I can trade/plan accordingly.

Thanks.

-- ITZ

Originally posted by JayF
                  I apologize for the delay on this Jerico. I continue to work on finding more details about this problem.

Comment

premium news feeds

Hi ITZ-

I didn't see the IP report either. And, for the past week or so, the many of the headlines I see in the Text Manager lack stories entirely (ie, m ost of them are black headlines), which was never the case not too long ago.

JC

Comment

more missing

I don't see the housing starts report today either, although CPI came through.

Also - I've attached a PNG of my Text Manager. I have 5 clickable stories in there, the rest are black (ie, no stories attached to them, just headlines - including the ones that say 'PRESS RELEASE').

This newsfeed is an premium fee with eSignal, and it hasn't been working properly for a while now. I understand there are technical glitches and all that, but you can't continue to charge (or, more precisely, expect people to pay) for services that are not fulfilling their function.

JC
                      Attached Files

Comment

JayF,

I have experienced the same problem as Jerico.

I do not see the headline releaes for housing starts or building permits. They were released at 8:30 EST. Please see the attached GIF file.

From a customer satisfaction perspective, paying $75 a month for a real time news feed that does not show the government economic reports does not rank very high.

Could you please provide us with an update on this issue?

Thanks.

-- ITZ
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by InTheZone; 04-16-2003, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I apologize for the delays on this. Last week some logging processes were added to assist in tracking this problem down. We are in the process of following up on the results of this testing, and as soon as this is available I will update the thread.

Thank you for your continued patience.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay for the update.

-- ITZ

Comment

Hi All,

Just want to update you all on this issue. We’ve been in consultation with our primary intermediary news provider regarding this issue and have found the error. With out getting to in-depth with the details, it does have to do with how they were flagging both new and updated news items then sending to us. They have now implemented a fix and we believe that you will not see this problem going forward.

Should you see any additional problems or missing any headlines that you feel you should have received please post to this thread.

Regards,
                              Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X