Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $indu volume

Hello , I am a new trial user .

I notice that the volume in daily chart is wriht , but in intraday periods the volume is not possible to be right . Yet in Ibex-35 ($ibc-mac) seems to be wright in intraday periods , but in daily chartts I can´t even see .

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Good trade !

Hi Mca,

The daily chart of $INDU will represent the volume on a daily basis whereas the intraday chart of $INDU will represent the total number of updates per day. I believe this is the comparison to which you are referring.

Comment

If everybody sees what I see , only it is necessary to see $indu chart in any period intraday , 5 ,10,15,30 or 60 minutres to notice that the volume are not real.Do not correspond to price evolution and on top of that they are all the same and not correspond with the volumes on the daily chart .

e. g. if you place de chart on 60 minutes and watch it since January 2005 it can be seen that all the days have nearly same volume. Yet on 18th March to take an example, has a volume of 531,667,178 in the daily chart (as the other data providers) approximately twice of most days . Enough difference to see at a glance , thing that should be seen on a 60 minutes chart and it is not

The volumes I see are so regular that they must be unreal .

I do not know whether I have explain clearly enough , I do not want small mistakes on the volumes , for e.g. the diferences that exist between the e-signal´s volume and interactivebrokers on the mini future dja (ym m5) , as it is yesterday´s case 60/06/05 on 5 minutes chart on bar at 16:55 whose open price was 10449, high 10450, low 10432 close 10436 ; e-signal shows 2768 contracts .While Interactive brokers for the same bar shows 1597.
      But in general , although there are differences on many bars , the volume charts is similar on ym m5 . this is something that does happen with $indu

This so unreal are also shown on SP500 on intraday charts , but with the difference that I can only see two days on intraday chart . And the daily chart on SP500 I can not see any volume .
      Neither I can see on Ibex-35 ($ibc-mac)

Comment

mca
        As Duane said in his reply intraday volume of $INDU (and that of other indices such as $SPX) is tick volume ie the number of updates during the day. This applies also to the volume for pit traded contracts such as S&P 500 futures
        Alex

Comment

Alexis and Duane , I am a new user of e-signal , but I have been trading for more than 10 years in future markets .

I am so sure that it should be the way you say , as I am also sure that it is not .

I know many traders that work in future markets , but only a few that get benefits in a continuos way and neither of them does without having a solid knowdge of the future they trade but have special knowlege of the underlying that in case of YM M5 will be $indu

It is not necessary to say that the volume is an important part of the mention knowledge and the volume I see on the chart intraday of $indu has nothing to do with the reality

Hope you look , check and solve if you want me to a user .

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X