Incorrect E-mini settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect E-mini settlement?

Esignal is showing a Fri. settle of 1236.75, which is well off the market. CME is showing 1239 on their web site. I think SP and NQ are off also. There may be others but that is all I checked.

buhrmaster
    I just checked the CME and it is showing a Settlement of 1236.75 for ES U5 (see enclosed image).
    Alex

Comment

Yeah, you're right; I misread their web site. But I still think they are off. When I was trading in the pit settle was based on the last minute of trading, not the last 15 minutes. Maybe things have changed . . . .

Comment

buhrmaster
        That was an end of month settlement
        Alex

Comment

Thanks. I see things have changed. How long has fair value settlement been around?

Comment

buhrmaster
            If I remember correctly it has been 3 or 4 years now. The daily settlement for equity index futures is still based on the last 30 seconds of trading (for the e-minis and I believe also the pit traded contracts)
            Alex

Comment

*Settlement prices for the E-mini S&P 500 product may differ slightly from the
              "true" settlement price displayed on CME's Daily Bulletin.These slight variances
              in settlements are the result of rounding due to differences in the minimum
              tick sizes between the E-mini S&P 500 contract (.25 increments) and the
              full-sized S&P 500 contract (.10 increments). Additionally, the settlement
              price displayed on the Daily Bulletin matches that of the full-sized S&P 500
              contract for purposes of marking-to-market,as the contracts are fungible, on
              a 5:1 basis.

CME's settlement price pages are updated periodically beginning with the close of
              CME's agricultural commodity products at approximately 1:30 p.m., CST. Initial
              settlement prices are subject to change until final settlement prices are posted
              at approximately 7:00 p.m., CST. Please note that, on occasion, final settlement
              prices issued at approximately 7:00 p.m., CST may be subject to further change due
              to a variety of factors.

Comment

Working...
              X