Unnecessary Data Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unnecessary Data Refresh

I'm currently on Version 7.91 (Build 730).

On several occasions, I have brought up a new Advanced Chart and have found that when I put in the symbol/interval I wanted to use, I got other charts refreshing. Originally, I put that down to a synchronisation issue because I requested a different interval for a chart I was already running.

However, today I had charts of YM, QM and AB active with 15 days of plot available to me (I usually don't turn charts off).

I brought up new Advanced chart and changed from default (IBM) to "6C #F, 5". And ALL THE CHARTS REFRESHED!!!

So, I lost 5 days of tick-only indicator plot (i.e. plot based on Bid/Ask data). Also, because the indicators I am using are quite "heavy duty" the refresh took quite some time. Something I cannot afford to happen during trading.

Hence, I am now afraid to look up anything new whilst actively trading I case this happens again.

Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening in the furure? Should I run a second instance of eSignal for all ad-hoc charts?

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Refresh after Indicator Change

Further to my previous posting on this subject....

I had my usual 3 charts running (happily for 8 days) and decided to make a small change to a simple indicator I had developed - to add a line (drawLineRelative() ) for the Opening Price. The indicator is for a single symbol and was running on a Tick interval - though it does look at a 5' interval once on each day Open.

Having incremented the version number on the indicator, I then Removed the previous version and loaded the new (onto one chart only).

Immediately after the plot had printed, ALL charts went into refresh (15 days of data). So, again I lose all my Bid/Ask-related plots.

However, this time eSignal crashed! (Indicator loaded ok after eSignal restart).

It asks me if I want to "send error report". Because I still don't know if this will cause my (proprietary) source code to be sent, I always say "no".

If others are experiencing similar problems, know how to avoid unnecessary data refresh, or have an insight into what occurs with "send error report" I would be most grateful to see your posts.

Regards,

G.

Comment

More Problems

I'm finding it increasingly frustrating the number of times charts go into "Refresh" mode for reasons not apparent to me.

Today, whilst following YM and AB charts, I decided to pull up a Standard Chart to have a look at a stock. The Standard Chart comes up with default symbol "F" with interval = Daily.

However, as has happened all too often, all my other (Advanced) charts refreshed as well! This may not be too much of a problem for people running reasonably "bare" charts, but for the likes of me running complex indicators, this causes a 10 minute delay whilst I wait for refresh.

In addition, signals based on Bid/Ask information are completely reset. So I then need to wait for 20 bars until I have sufficient data for these to become meaningful to me again.

I have not seen other posts on this subject, so I am not sure how widespread this problem is.

The only work-around I can offer is to run a second instance of eSignal and use that exclusively for ad-hoc chart requests.

If others are experiencing similar problems, I'd be graeeful for any support/insight on this issue.

Many thanks.

Comment

I too have a similar problem with tick data-based (bid/ask analysis) charts that for no reason at all (I never touch them during the day) will refresh or at least wipe out all of the accumulated bid/ask-related data. This happens to all of the tick data-based charts at the same time. I really would like a fix for this as there is no way to reproduce the results. The best thing of all would be to be able to process the time and sales data in an EFS over previous days' data, not just what is coming in real time. From what I can tell the data is there; it is just not being used.

Comment

Working...
        X