Linking to Excel, is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to Excel, is this possible?

I looked around these boards, read all the faq's, but I have not found an answer to my question. What I'm looking to do is to have excel grab the first five minutes of volume for a designated symbol. (example- From 9:30-9:35, i would like to see the total volume for each minute.) I was just wondering if anyone would know that this is even possible before I start. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

Nick
    If no one offers a solution you may want to look at SigTools
    Alex

Comment

A VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) application using our Desktop API would be able to do this. For more information about this API, please visit this page.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

I think it may be possible using the DDE link and a little VBA code.

Basically, I would use a timer function -- look on Google for various suggestions -- that triggers every minute you want to evaluate. At that point copy the volume figures from the DDE link; the difference between that and the previous period's volume is the volume for the period.

Comment

Working...
        X