Cursor Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursor Window

Still some confusion about data in "cursor window" on mini-silver. After speaking to Roy, Jay and Duane this is what I come up with:

1) In the "Cursor Window" if the cursor is placed on an "intrad-day" bar then data next to "time" is the "opening" of that bar.

2) In the "Cursor Window" if the cursor is placed on a "daily" bar then data next to "time" there is always 00:00. What would be the closing time on that bar if I was using a 24 hour clock? 23:59? I am on EST would that be 23:59 EST?

3) In the "Cursor Window" if the cursor is placed on a weekly or monthly" bar then data next to "date" is the date the bar closed and next to "time" there is always 00:00? What is the date for that 00:00? For instance weekly bars close on Fridays but the time is 00:00?

4) If I use four hour mini-silver bars on the 24 hour clock then will the bar beginning at 4PM EST include the time that market is closed (2hours and 15 minutes)? Or is there some underlying adjustment?

5) Would I be better off adjusting my system parameters(designed on spot Forex) and use a different time frame?
    jbooke

jbooke
    Here are some answers in the mean time
    1) That is correct.
    2) On daily or higher intervals the Time is always 0:00 but that has no relationship to the actual trading times. The Start/End times of the data contained in the bar depend on the trading hours of the symbol. In the case of the e-mini Silver contract the time covered by a daily bar goes from 18:16 to 16:00 (of the next day) CT. Note that these intervals will include the Settlement.
    3) On weekly and monthly bars the date is that of the last day for the corresponding interval. As far as I know on current and forward months it defaults to the 30th of the month and then adjusts to show the actual last trading day of the month. As with daily bars the Time in the Cursor Window does not reflect the actual trading times
    Alex

Comment

[list=1][*]Correct[*]The Daily bar's data will encompass the data from the official open to the close or in the case of futures, the settlement. For contracts that trade nearly 24 hours, there is typically a time in which the symbol officially closes for one day, and opens for the next. For the ES futures, the close is 16:15 EST (reopening at 16:30 EST for the next day's date.) The time listed in the Cursor Window when on a daily chart is irrelavant.[*]Yes, on Weekly and Monthly intervals, the date is the day in which the bar closed. These intervals are just a summation of the OHLC of the daily bars, thus the Time field has no meaning.[*]Yes the 4pm bar includes the time the market is closed. In fact, all bars include time where no trades took place. For instance if during 6:30pm - 6:32pm there were no trades, the 240min bar would include that time.[*]Could you clarify what your goal is?[/list=1]
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X